Self Portrait C&C

MHarvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for critique. I made a softbox and played around with it. It was the only light source, with the lights in the room off. Didn't do a ton in photoshop, cleaned some blemishes and tweaked the levels and my eyes a bit then put a surface blur filter on. Curious where I can improve. One thing I notice is my hair line blends into the background, not sure what I think about that.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

IMG_0132-1.jpg

I like this a lot actually. The light in your eyes is exactly what makes a good portrait and you nailed that one. I like the soft light too. I think the hairline blending in with the background is good actually. Getting black hair to stand out from a black background is hard and you would probably have to have a light source behind you. Nice shooting!

There are a few things that I would change. The neck line looks a bit awkward because you're wearing a black shirt and its just kind of stoping. The focus seems soft which I would fix. From more of a subjective standpoint I would add a hair light to create more depth and detail.

Most reactions

Back