Self Portrait CC pls.

platano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did my first paid event, and I was testing before everyone got there :D what do you think??

me.jpg

There is a halo around you and you've lost some detail in your clothes.

so, halo is bad?? i thought it looked cool. thought i would keep it like that

this is the original.. should I just keep it without the PP?

meoriginal.jpg

first is too dark but the original lacks something.
I'd also stand away from the backdrop more in hopes that a bit more distance will lessen the look of the wrinkles in the backdrop. That or get an iron and get those wrinkles out.

Stand further away from the backdrop and use a larger aperture. You might want to try shooting the flush from an angle from below the frame and to your right. You might even want to try setting up a strobe and shooting it through a piece of cardboard with a slit cut through it. This effect will achieve your dark moody shot, while showing the detail.

Stand further away from the backdrop and use a higher aperture. You might want to try shooting the flush from an angle from below the frame and to your right. You might even want to try setting up a strobe and shooting it through a piece of cardboard with a slit cut through it. This effect will achieve your dark moody shot, while showing the detail.

Awesome.. thanks for the tip. (This is how all the CC should be :D )

i prefer self portraits to say something about the persons character and not just look like a portrait you pay jostens to do at a high school shoot...

Your original dark photo is the best one. Not for a commercial application, of course, but for art. The loss of detail in the clothes is actually good. The halo is good. Seeing the folds in the curtain is good. The overall dark mood is great. Keeping everything dim and dark except for the face is good.

The lighter one is ordinary. You'll probably have to do that to make your customers happy. But your dark version is art. An entire dark series like this as a personal project, and with interesting characters, would be very cool.

Hey bro, any goodies in the mail? BTW - There is a lot of detail to be recovered if you are interested. -Shea

oscar_me_Shea-edit.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back