Self-portrait..is it good :)

Your post-processing techniques seem to detract from your portrait.

Likewise, the shadow from your hand is also distracting.

Also, the background is distracting.

However, I do get some sense of your personality.

Wondering if you do photos without over processing? Not to be mean but the work you post is always involving some technique, I wold like to see this portrait with just a nice B&W as I think you did a nice job with the composition

I am not a fan of the post processing either and I find my eyes wandering to the background. Are those books back there?
I would suggest to improve the photo to just show you without all the extra processing and create or add some blur to not make it so busy.

On the other hand if you like this and this is what you are going for then that is all that really matters. :wink:

Wondering if you do photos without over processing? Not to be mean but the work you post is always involving some technique, I wold like to see this portrait with just a nice B&W as I think you did a nice job with the composition

Yes..I do photos without over-processing :):)..I think I have posted a few of them here ..I mostly do Black and whites...however I do like using my p-processing arsenal a lot..maybe I am doing it a bit more than necessary..thanks:):)

don't apologize for your processing if it turned out how you envisioned it, and how you want it.
the original looks soft to me. The light coming from the right side is causing a glare thats distracting, making the lighting on your face uneven and making a shadow on your face that is distracting. ditch the side light (or wherever it is) use some diffused flash, and open up the lens a little to blur the background a bit. or you can do it in post i guess.

don't apologize for your processing if it turned out how you envisioned it, and how you want it.
the original looks soft to me. The light coming from the right side is causing a glare thats distracting, making the lighting on your face uneven and making a shadow on your face that is distracting. ditch the side light (or wherever it is) use some diffused flash, and open up the lens a little to blur the background a bit. or you can do it in post i guess.

Thanks..I will definitely try that...:)

Your focus point seems to be forward of your eyes. The eyes are paramount in portraiture. I would also suggest to NOT have the frames of your eyewear to cross your iris. That holds the same weight as not cropping at joints of the extreminities IMO. The side lighting is good. The shadows are in context and makes sense.

Thanks for sharing.

Your focus point seems to be forward of your eyes. The eyes are paramount in portraiture. I would also suggest to NOT have the frames of your eyewear to cross your iris. That holds the same weight as not cropping at joints of the extreminities IMO. The side lighting is good. The shadows are in context and makes sense.

Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back