Self portrait/publicity shot C&C please.

{*Makes a note*} - "Ask wife to make sleeve garters."

Nice! I might try it again without your eye wear chain though. Just my opinion of course.

Thank you, all.
As for old fashioned - I'm normally a scruffy old fart in an open neck check shirt but when I shoot at some evening events I wear my dinner suit (tuxedo). The waistcoat (vest) was made for me by my wife and matches the colour of the bow tie perfectly. This morning when I set out to take the photos I decided I wanted to do "smart" and this was how I ended up. The moustache was looking a little scruffy so I curled the ends, my bald head was reflecting the flash so I grabbed the hat, my specs were also reflecting so I dropped them to the end of my nose. To be honest I often wear the specs on the end of my nose when I'm shooting because they're reading specs, I need them clear of my eyes to use the viewfinder but without them I can't see the screen clearly.

Do you think I should adopt the look for my shoots? ... Maybe mount my Nikon in an old wooden box on a tipod and add a black curtain over the back. :lmao:

Thanks for sharing. It is also a great example of how the idea we start with can quickly evolve into something else. Happens to me all the time... both in photography and painting. :)

When you shoot for a client, some things cannot be changed, such as negative space left for text insertion, and I always start with what was planned but after getting the planned shot I most often let things happen and, more often than not, it will be one of those shots that ends up being used.

I would crop it some more on the right and cut into your shoulder to center yourself better. Other then that it is a fine portrait. Maybe a little texture to give it a more vintage feel.

Most reactions

Back