Self Portrait

The_Traveler said:
PR, I think you're getting short shrift here.
You have terrific eyes and gaze.
That below the nose pose wipes out your cheekbone and somewhat nullifies your eyes.

I would try a higher view, maybe with your face down a tiny bit so your jawline id pulled nicely tight.

(If you have a moment, have a look at this one.
Thanks Lew :)
Ok, so I'm sure I'm understanding, my cheek is turned into a flat plane because the angle eliminates the shadow? Your Adonis's face isn't tilted jawline forward like mine was ?

Thanks Mully and Eric :)

snowbear said:
I'd have to echo what everyone else has said on the first one. Now the second one, I REALLY like - your right eye just keeps drawing my attention. I'm not sure how I'd describe the expression - not really flirty . . . perhaps sultry?

Thanks Snowbear :) Mr Rabbit says the second one is his ;)

Since I am attempting to get practice in re-touching portraits and do not have enough of my own to work with, I decided to use yours. I hope you will not mind. I am obviously very amateurish but wanted you to see what I came up with (recropped, hid distracting elements like sleeves, etc., added reflection to eye as well as brightened it a tad, toned down brightness of hand, removed wrinkle from below right eye, brought down exposure of hair) :

$pixelrabbit_.jpg

Woo! we got another babe among us!

Drex, thanks for the different take on the first one, I don't mind at all! I really didn't do much editing to them other than contrast tweaks, yours gave me some ideas for next time around ;)

Paul! Hey you! Haven't seen you much lately, hope all is well!
Thanks ;) The ladies around here raise the bar pretty high!

Yeah, life kinda intrudes into the pleasant activities of hobbies. A few things on the business side didn't work out according to plan, so I'm spending some time to get the train back on the tracks. And that, unfortunately, takes time and lots of effort. So I get to "escape" here from time to time to relax and have a bit of fun. Thanks for noticing!

Well damn! I for one miss you around here, hope things get straightened out quickly and we get you back soon!

Don't know you from anywhere but this forum but I like the "biotchy" look with perhaps a bit more left eye showing, a very selective spot for the face which doesn't include the forearms which got the same treatment as your hand in the first shot. Perhaps a bit more purse to the lips with darker lip gloss. Watch getting too much light on the hair. You can try doing a fast, three stop bracket which will give you back whatever hair is lost to the light. Lastly, do some selective sharpening on the eyes and mouth to over-emphasize the sultry intrigue.

Thanks for the great feedback Ceeboy, one of the concepts I'm tossing around in my mind right now is a 50's glamour shot, I think all of your suggestions will carry forward into that one if I give it a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back