self portrait

What a great self portrait!

I would definately keep it in colour. I like Stevedevil's edit but as has previously been said, somewhere between the original and his would be better.

just looked at mine on my works uncalibrated LCD and don't like it at all!! Steve's just lacks contrast imo. I'll have another look later

I went with my original biases. I thought there was too much green (hair) so I toned down the green, uped the brightness and contrast a little, cropped to a more pleasing (to my eyes) aspect ratio.

The subject either has very beautiful skin or it has been madeovr a little already. There is something disconcerting still and maybe that is the upper half of the face is slightly darker than the lower half and torso. That would best be corrected in the original lighting.

Quite lovely subject and nice portrait.

portrait0222lewnf1.jpg

newbie here! these are my 2 versions enhanced from cs2.
in this pic, i only added a layer via duplicate and changed the layer to Soft Light. this is how it looked:
my.php

in this pic, i did the same way i did on the 1st technic but this time, i adjusted the levels and this is how it looked like:
my.php

in this pic, i only added a layer via duplicate and changed the layer to Soft Light. this is how it looked:
my.php

in this pic, i did the same way i did on the 1st technic but this time, i adjusted the levels and this is how it looked like:
my.php

Hmmmm The smaller sizes of the images make it a little hard to compare to the original. Is there a reason they are smaller or am I just not viewing them properly?

Save the image as 600 pixels on the longest edge. Or 800 if you want slightly larger.

Thi is another from me. Again just some added contrast, usm and a little burning.

Portrait21.jpg

Hmmmm The smaller sizes of the images make it a little hard to compare to the original. Is there a reason they are smaller or am I just not viewing them properly?

they are almost the same but only brighter on the one i adjusted the levels.

First thing that struck me is that it looks like your lens was normal or maybe a bit wide. I think a telephoto lens would have made less distortions in the facial features, since you'd have to be farther away from the subject. I thought the lighting was a bit flat, which needs to fixed during the shoot, not with photoshop. I would have like to have seen one side of the face darker. The subject is great, crop is great, nice use of the ol' head tilt. It's a very coy picture.

In Photoshop CS, I did Brightness +25, Contrast +14, Saturation +12, got rid of the verticle lines with the healing brush and did unsharp mask (amount = 100%, radius = 1.3 pixels, threshold = 15 levels).

What do you think?

This is really good, I really appreciate you giving me the ps details.

I went with my original biases. I thought there was too much green (hair) so I toned down the green, uped the brightness and contrast a little, cropped to a more pleasing (to my eyes) aspect ratio.

The subject either has very beautiful skin or it has been madeovr a little already. There is something disconcerting still and maybe that is the upper half of the face is slightly darker than the lower half and torso. That would best be corrected in the original lighting.

Quite lovely subject and nice portrait.

Thank you for your edit, I really like this one too. I really didn't notice my face is darker than the rest of me, I don't wear much face makeup but I guess I need a tan lol.

my.php

my.php

Thank you for your edit, I like the 2nd one.

Save the image as 600 pixels on the longest edge. Or 800 if you want slightly larger.

Thi is another from me. Again just some added contrast, usm and a little burning.

I like the teeth and eyes in this one!

Most reactions

Back