Selling old camera + lenses and accessories. Need help with pricing.

Sebastior

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay so here's the deal, i'm selling an old camera, it is one of those DSLR cameras you need a film for. Do they have their own name for that kinda camera?
Anyway, i need help with the pricing.

Camera:
Minolta X-300s (missing lens cap or whatever)
It also has an adjustable strap on it.

Lenses:
Minolta 1:3.5 135mm
It has a sticker on saying 'JUCII 47
PASSED
JMCD'
Lens 2:
Minolta - MD ZOOM 35-70mm 1:3.5-4.8
Lens cap is loose, so you have to tape it on there.

Lens3: Minolta
1:1.7 f=50mm

-
Accessories:
External flash, BRAUN 2000/28BCV
Micro filter cloth
Containers for the lenses (one of them is a Tokina one if that matters)
Minolta MC 135mm F 3.5 round lens hood.
Bag for lenses, external flash and lens hood.
Bag for camera.
Camera and external flash instructional manual.

Everything is in good condition except the lens containers.

-
Now, what do you guys think i should sell this for? As i don't use cameras with film anyway, and i have DSLR i'm perfectly happy with.
Thanks in advance!

The camera can be called "SLR" - single-lens-reflex. The "D" in front of DSLR means digital.

Just go to KEH for retail prices and eBay's completed auctions list to see what people paid. The X300s was Minolta's low-end SLR. I wouldn't expect much for the kit.

Given what it is, for the effort involved and likely return, I would suggest donating it to Goodwill or a local school arts program.

I wanna sell it on this website from my country, so how much do you reckon i should say tops? Could always work my way down if they find it too pricey.
I really need the money lol ...

You want to sell it here on TPF?

I'm not sure it's worth it. A quick look at auctions on ebay, for example, show people trying to sell them for $50-100 but the completed listings show them as being sold for about $10. One camera body was sold for $0.99 - even with an $8.15 shipping charge, it's still less than $10. There was one listing that sold for about $51 and change but that was for two camera bodies, four lenses, two auto winders, flash, teleconverter, a roll of film and a bag.

If you're shipping internationally, it will cost a lot and not a lot of people will be willing to pay more for shipping than the camera is worth. You might have to eat some of the costs of the shipping. Is all that trouble really worth maybe $30 if you're lucky?

I suggest doing some more research on local websites for your country and selling locally.

No not on here, on a second hand website, all i need a reasonable price guys, come on.

No not on here, on a second hand website, all i need a reasonable price guys, come on.
If a photographer wanted those products, how much should i sell it for?

Basically i just need a price i could put it up for, i mean come on.
I've sold guitars and stuff there before, it's a selling/buying/trading website. Could someone please just suggest a price?
No shipping, no nothing, it's face to face.

I wanna sell it on this website from my country, so how much do you reckon i should say tops? Could always work my way down if they find it too pricey.
I really need the money lol ...

You say "from my country" so I assume you're not in the U.S. That means English is possibly not your first language. When you say "on this website," that means that you are referring to the website that you are currently on, unless you then link to a different one. Just fyi.

As for price, here's the link for the ebay completed listings. You can see the ones that sold and didn't sell. Minolta X-300s | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It honestly doesn't matter, could someone just suggest a price already?

For all of what i'm selling? It's in really good shape.

Dude... It's worth whatever someone will pay for it. If you think it's worth more, trying selling it for more but there's no market for it. If it were mine I'd be happy to trade someone for a case of beer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back