Selling old camera + lenses and accessories. Need help with pricing.

I agree it's probably not worth more than the $50-100 range, unless one of the lenses happens to have more value than most Minolta lenses from that era. It might be more appealing to some buyers having a few extras with the body and lenses, but probably doesn't add much to the value.

I think it's a matter of listing it and someone who collects or uses Minolta seeing the listing, or someone who just wants a mechanical film camera with lenses and a few extras deciding to buy it.

OP: Just to clarify; used consumer-grade film gear of that era is worth VERY little if anything. As mentioned, if it sells, it's usually <$20, and I've seen similar equipment in thrift stores and on local used boards in my area selling for $10-20. If you got $50 for the whole collection, I'd say you were doing VERY well, and if you got any more than that, I'd genuinely be amazed. There is so much of it available, and so little demand for it that it truly is next to worthless.

For all of what i'm selling? It's in really good shape.

Yes, for all that you are selling. Did you even bother to read posts or go to the link I provided? One camera sold for ONE DOLLAR. The other kit that sold for $50 had MORE stuff than you have.

You are overestimating the value of this equipment.

Believe me, it's great for folks like me who still shoot film almost exclusively because I can get good gear for cheap. But even people who want the gear are not going to pay a lot for it.

Maybe in the future mods could lock down threads like this, especially when the OP starts kvetching after getting the unpleasant truth and/or advice on valuation?

I apologise guys, i wasn't in a very good mood and i thought it'd go for a lot more than that.
I'm sorry guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back