Ricardodaforce

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
tirediron said:
Some very nice work; what exactly is the nature of the event?

Thank you. It's s week of religious processions to mark the death and eventual rebirth of some guy in the middle east a couple of thousand years ago. Semana Santa is Spanish for holy week.

Thank you. It's s week of religious processions to mark the death and eventual rebirth of some guy in the middle east a couple of thousand years ago. Semana Santa is Spanish for holy week.
:LOL: Touché!

This is Easter in Alicanté? Spectacular pageantry and you captured some great expressions. :thumbup:
(... I must try to get to Spain for one of these festivals, coming from a protestant country this is so very different and yet so close.)

:LOL: Touché! This is Easter in Alicanté? Spectacular pageantry and you captured some great expressions. :thumbup: (... I must try to get to Spain for one of these festivals, coming from a protestant country this is so very different and yet so close.)
Hello! I'm British too but have lived here 3 years now. Yes, this is how Easter is celebrated in Spain. It's amazing!

Loved them all, except for the last two. The final one is a little too Klannish for me. Might not make sense for those not located in the USA, but for those that are...creepy.

Also a couple have angle issues. Might try to straighten them out a bit. #5,#6 come to mind.

The colors are fantastic. Nice job.

Loved them all, except for the last two. The final one is a little too Klannish for me. Might not make sense for those not located in the USA, but for those that are...creepy.

Also a couple have angle issues. Might try to straighten them out a bit. #5,#6 come to mind.

The colors are fantastic. Nice job.

Thanks for looking. I deliberately didn't straighten those images as I like the dynamic as they are.

Let's remind ourselves that Easter has been celebrated here like this for hundreds of years, and long, long before the KKK adopted this type of clothing. This has NOTHING to do with them, and everything to do with Spanish catholic tradition. Believe it or not, there is a world outside of the USA.

Thanks for looking. I deliberately didn't straighten those images as I like the dynamic as they are.

Let's remind ourselves that Easter has been celebrated here like this for hundreds of years, and long, long before the KKK adopted this type of clothing. This has NOTHING to do with them, and everything to do with Spanish catholic tradition. Believe it or not, there is a world outside of the USA.

Believe it or not, I've been to several locations outside of the USA. So if you are trying to paint my comments as some 'ignorant American' you can forget about it. I've no doubt that the specific ceremony has nothing to do with it. HOWEVER the image itself is quite a visual jolt, particularly to those IN the USA. Belive it or not it's an unsettling image, regardless of your intent or those participating in the ceremony.

You posted it, I commented on it. If you don't want comments, don't request them.

As for the angles on #5, #6, I don't see them as 'dynamic'. I see them as distracting. In fact, in #5 there is one man looking at you cock-eyed as if to say "Why is your camera at a 10 degree slant?".

Either way the colors are great, and I like the set as a whole. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Believe it or not, I've been to several locations outside of the USA. So if you are trying to paint my comments as some 'ignorant American' you can forget about it. I've no doubt that the specific ceremony has nothing to do with it. HOWEVER the image itself is quite a visual jolt, particularly to those IN the USA. Belive it or not it's an unsettling image, regardless of your intent or those participating in the ceremony.

You posted it, I commented on it. If you don't want comments, don't request them.

As for the angles on #5, #6, I don't see them as 'dynamic'. I see them as distracting. In fact, in #5 there is one man looking at you cock-eyed as if to say "Why is your camera at a 10 degree slant?".

Either way the colors are great, and I like the set as a whole. Have a nice day.

Chill, Dude! You're the one who mentioned the KKK in the first place... Pointy hoods don't have that instant connotation anywhere else in the world that I know of. Don't be so touchy.

Ricardodaforce, am I right in saying that the guys in the hoods are members of lay Catholic charitable societies (similar to the Lions) who like to keep their good works secret? ... but still like to dress up and walk in parades. (At least in theory and as a very simplified explanation ;) .)

Chill, Dude! You're the one who mentioned the KKK in the first place... Pointy hoods don't have that instant connotation anywhere else in the world that I know of. Don't be so touchy.

I am 'chilled'. The fact is that the last 2 are reminicient of the Klan to US viewers of the pictures. While I'm sure the intent of the poster was not to invoke those images, they are infact exactly what I thought of when I saw them.

I'm sure it was a lovely ceremony.

Most reactions

Back