senior picture

Robbo521

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
first post here and sure wont be last from what i see.just playing around with this picture. $untitled-2.jpg

Welcome to the site. Honestly, I think that the Text Senior 2014 should be bigger than your watermark. Also not really into the border.

I would like this picture more if she wasn't centered > and like ronlane said the Senior 2014 should be more prominent. I like the border, it should be cleaned up a bit though... but what do I know lol

Good Luck!

Lose that white frame. It's pretty obscene. Sorry, it's the truth though.

Other than that, the centered comp doesn't really work IMO. Also the font is very run of the mill and uninspired.

Oh, the poor girl seems to have been wearing sunglasses for at least a full day at the beach...she has what I call "ski-goggle eyes"...which really looks odd. I EXPECT that look on professional skiers!

Aside from the above mentioned points, I will add my voice to the 'lose the border' faction, and note that you've done a good job posing a fuller-figured subject as well as dealing with the dreaded white pants/black top clothing combination.

thank you all.will work on it some more and repost it.

The angle of the light, the hot spots on top of her cheeks, and the shadows her cheeks casts accents the plumpness of her cheeks in an unflattering way.
The dark eye sockets also don't help. (Raccoon eyes).
When possible, use a long focal length lens when making images of overweight people.
Your job as the photographer is to use those techniques that make the most flattering images of your clients.
So you also have to know how to shoot people that are thin, normal, have a long face, a round face, a triangular face, a lazy eye, double chin, big nose, and any other physical issue a client has.
Most people have 1 or more issues the photographer needs to work around.

Fill light, reflected or strobe, would have helped.
Some type of supplemental lighting is usually needed when shooting in direct, un-diffused light.
Direction & Quality of Light: Your Key to Better Portrait Photography Anywhere
Doug Box's Available Light Photography: Techniques for Digital Photographers
Chasing the Light: Improving Your Photography with Available Light (Voices That Matter)

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
we was on a youth conference trip so i didnt have anything but the camera and lens.no place to put things.lol

I've only done a handful of senior portraits, their the one kind of portrait I don't really care for outside of nude portraits. But I don't like the background. It seems to busy and pulls my eye to it instead of her.

Here are two quick crops to give you an idea. Also, a little fill light was added in ACR. If you're working with that program, let me know if you'd like more info.

I am on team-lose-the-boarder, but the way it is in these crops isn't so bad, almost looks like a little cloud cover. If you have PS or the free software GIMP, compositing a sky into the photo is pretty easy.

$untitled-2a.jpg$untitled-2b.jpg

Sorry KmH, I prefer the original with the sunburn and the raccoon eyes to the edit. I see where you were going but the original is too small to do a decent Photoshop job on, now she looks like she lost a fight. I do like your crop, though. :)

Welcome to the forum Robbo521!
:D

yall have opened it up for me to do different things to it and i like it.thank you!

Here are two quick crops to give you an idea. Also, a little fill light was added in ACR. If you're working with that program, let me know if you'd like more info.

I am on team-lose-the-boarder, but the way it is in these crops isn't so bad, almost looks like a little cloud cover. If you have PS or the free software GIMP, compositing a sky into the photo is pretty easy.

View attachment 48539View attachment 48540

This one by jowens (on the left) is the best one here, IMO.

I think I might make a subtle decrease of saturation to the face to tone down some of the redness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back