Not sure what you've got equipment wise, but if your camera doesn't have it, a split screen focusing screen helps with manual lenses. I've got one in my Pentax *istD.
I have a Nikon D3000 (a beginner DSLR, but I wanted to make sure it was something I could get into before I spent a lot of $), the lense that came with my camera, and a Nikorr 50mm f1.8 lense (that I used in this shoot).
How can you get a split screen focusing screen? Is that something that is built into the camer or can I order it? Thanks for the help on this
Tirediron,
1. Believe it or not I have tons of smiling pictures of the blonde and tons of serious of the brunette ... I have no idea why I chose only serious pictures of one and smiley pictures of the other ... Thanks for pointing this out ... Def. something to be aware of for client previews of the pictures.
Her dress is a bit out there ... but I guess that is one element you can't really change. Should you suggest more outfits, maybe?
2. Do you have any suggestions for a decent (and reasonbly priced) reflector and/or know any resources on how to use one? I've read a lot about them but I don't really know how to use them.
Thanks for pointing out the bra straps. That has more-or-less ruined some of the best pictures ... I thought I could PS them out, but what a pain! Good point ... wish I had thought more clearly about that on the shoot!
3. Thanks again for pointing out the expressions. When I first started dabbling in photography I over-processed all my pictures. Although I have plenty of smiley shots I think I am liking all the "moody" shots for reasons I don't know ... probably the same reasons I over-processed ... I'll be WAY more aware of that next time. Thanks
4. Thanks for pointing out the dust. Another thing I didn't notice

Wow there is so much that goes into making a great picture (but I'm loving learning).
This picture is cropped from the original .... and I'm terrible at cropping ... what would you suggest?
5. Thanks ... and thanks for all the CC! Very helpful!
DerekSalem:
First of all, I hope your father owns a gun...because the women in your family are apparently very attractive and I think that might be required to scare off any guys that try to get too close.
Thanks, I will inform him

(Plenty appropriate for Father's day

)
It was my first time, and thanks. I was a little nervous and they are not where I want to be ... but I am proud of them because I have learned SO much from this shoot and from the great critiques I've received!
I agree with the dress, see above.
If you see above I used to way over process everything ... so now I think I shy away from it. Better to under-process than to over-process I guess? Thanks though, I will try and moderatley bump the colors and contrast. Thanks again for your CC!
