Session gone wrong :(

3of11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ever have those photo sessions that make you feel worthless? I did my first newborn twin session last night and stunk it up big time. I did get a few good shots but not near as many as I should have with the HUGE quantity I took. I realize a lot of my mistakes, but where do I go from here? I want to call the mom and let her know of my disappointment with her pictures and offer a free re-shoot. Would that be bad in any way? I can't get this shoot out of my mind and I am having a hard time getting myself to work on the pictures because I am so disgusted at myself.

Can we see one or two of the keepers?

Really... just how many different views do you feel you need to deliver? I'm thinking if I shot a session and had three good shots, I'd done my job... not matter how many I had to shoot to get them.

-Pete

OH... I just re-read and saw the work "twin." That's always gonna be a tough one. One seminar I attended... (I can't remember who it was... maybe Don Blaire) advised shooting siblings separately when they're young and anything else is a compromise. But being the father of identical girls, I understand the need to have them together.

Thanks enormously for your thoughts. I have been giving myself such a hard time focusing on the negatives of the shoot. Reading this really has given me such a boost.

Well you have to start somewhere i'm sure next time thgins will get better. Main thing in a circumstance like that is to make sure client doesn't get the sense from you that its not going good. The experience can be more powerful than the actual images when it comes to sales and word of mouth.

You learned from your mistakes, that's a good thing. As far as the free re-shoot, I'd let the mother see what you have, and if she's happy with the quantity and quality, then you're fine.

Thanks guys! When I finally got myself to look again at the pictures I was able to find some great ones. I am so glad I didn't call her in my weakness and offer another session. I will try to post some next week. Thanks again for the encouragement, it was what I needed to get off my butt and get at it again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back