Sharing some recent photos from a pet portrait session (golden retriever)

daggah

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
TPF, meet Stella. :) This was my second ever paid photoshoot. I love doing pet portrait sessions, mainly because I've always had cats and dogs growing up, but my current situation in the military does not allow me to adopt a furry buddy...and military life as a single guy isn't really conducive to having a pet anyway. :(

Stella and her ball
by davidgevert, on Flickr

Stella relaxing

Thirsty!

Stella

Stella's Family Portrait

Very nice! I like how the background perfectly frames her in the second to last photo. I would clone out the lightpoles in the background of the last picture, and the red splotch in the first picture.

These are fantastic. Love the thirsty one.

Nicely done! I love how you captured the nice proper dog, all posed and pretty, but also got playful pictures. And that goofy one lapping up the water is great!

Have you heard of Jesse Freidin? Jesse Freidin Award Winning Dog Photographer: Los Angeles + San Francisco + New York

I haven't, but I looked at the website, and the style seems very different from my own. I approach these shoots generally from the attitude that for many people, their beloved pet is very much a member of their family, and I try to capture photos that reflect who that family member is, what their personality is like. I like to spend time with the animal, get them playing, and capture that aspect of their personality and the interaction with their owners.

Even if my sensor was dirty, you'd never tell in these shots, they're all at f/2.8 or f/4...

Even if my sensor was dirty, you'd never tell in these shots, they're all at f/2.8 or f/4...

Huh.... okay.

dog3.jpg

Those aren't sensor spots, they're spots in the grass.

Thanks for your service!!

I too have always had a dog. One of my favorite breeds is the GR although right now I have a black lab. I have a fav, it's the drink pic and the rest are just awesome. Great work capturing a dog being a dog.

The one with the ball and thirsty are my favs.

Most reactions

Back