What's new

Shed Door

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
4,227
Reaction score
1,473
Location
Reading, Pa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was from a focusing test I did today with my 50/2 AI prime.
Over the weekend the autofocus ruined my first attempt so I went back
armed with my AI 50 and manual focusing. I think it was worth the trip
Any thoughts?
View attachment 38693
 
Last edited:
Needed more contrast IMO

$knockknock.webp
 
Thanks, Like a lot of other things, it's all a matter of taste I guess.
 
Three comments so far (including your original) and three different opinions. :D

I think I'd like a contrast somewhere in between yours and runnah's, but closer to the original, and left uncropped from your original.
Maybe even sepia.

That is an awesome door, and it looks like that manual focus 50 did the trick, focus-wise.
 
@ runnah: Not at all. I'm just saying your taste is just different then my good taste :lol:
 
Three comments so far (including your original) and three different opinions. :D

I think I'd like a contrast somewhere in between yours and runnah's, but closer to the original, and left uncropped from your original.
Maybe even sepia.

That is an awesome door, and it looks like that manual focus 50 did the trick, focus-wise.

Thanks Sharon, I'm sure the next 3 comments will bring the next 3 versions. It's all just a matter of taste. No right or wrong.
 
Last edited:
This was from a focusing test I did today with my 50/2 AI prime.
Over the weekend the autofocus ruined my first attempt so I went back
armed with my AI 50 and manual focusing. I think it was worth the trip
Any thoughts?
View attachment 38693

What? Everyone here hate doors or just mine :lol:
 
Rick, looks sharp to me, but it is a small file. So what did you find out about your focus problem? I do not feel safe with auto focus when doing a job so i use manual focus instead. Guess it is because there are too many variables for it to go wrong.
 
I think this is a very photographic door too. I'd have gone back for the shot.

I prefer the original edit, but would also like to see a tad more contrast. Definitely something between the two here.
Focus and composition work for me, but it's just a smidge tight IMO. Maybe leave a little more room at the edges of the frame if this is not an in camera crop.
 
Rick, looks sharp to me, but it is a small file. So what did you find out about your focus problem? I do not feel safe with auto focus when doing a job so i use manual focus instead. Guess it is because there are too many variables for it to go wrong.

Now I'm going to setup an AF lens on a tripod. Turn off AF and manually focus. Then I'll turn on AF and force the camera to re-focus.
Then I'll do the same with my other AF lens
If my shots are sharp and auto focus isn't, I'll know my auto focus is off.
If all of them aren't sharp...well, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I at least now ruled out the sensor.

Moving on...
 
I think this is a very photographic door too. I'd have gone back for the shot.

I prefer the original edit, but would also like to see a tad more contrast. Definitely something between the two here.
Focus and composition work for me, but it's just a smidge tight IMO. Maybe leave a little more room at the edges of the frame if this is not an in camera crop.

Thanks. I liked it also, but there seems to be very limited interest.
 
I think this is a-door-able.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom