What's new

Shed Door

Rick, if you "tamed it down to 254" then it was overexposed and lost any detail it had. Even if there's not much texture, there should be at least subtle variations in the whiteness of the paint. It would be worth shooting it again and either checking it carefully on the camera screen for overexposure or bracketing a couple of "underexposures" relative to what your meter is doing.
 
huh, spoken like a guy with questionable taste. :lol:
Ahh, com'on... lighten up already

I wasn't being serious in the least. I just wanted to use more door puns.
 
Last edited:
Rick, if you "tamed it down to 254" then it was overexposed and lost any detail it had. Even if there's not much texture, there should be at least subtle variations in the whiteness of the paint. It would be worth shooting it again and either checking it carefully on the camera screen for overexposure or bracketing a couple of "underexposures" relative to what your meter is doing.
You're right Ken. I was concentrating on the shadows. I wanted to keep some detail on that outside light along with the interior and at the same time, keep it naturally dark. I learned that this D200 is pretty unforgiving of lightening shadows. They get really noisy and look like crap. Unfortunately working with the shadows left the white paint go. Maybe I'll go back and bracket a stop or two under by a 1/2 each and see if I can get the best of both worlds.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom