She's back... As a Stepford wife.

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been learning more about my software and trying new tricks. SHE seems to be having as much fun as I am. :biggrin-93:
Always C&C and (polite) suggestions are welcome.

Stepford wife.jpg

Can she do Rose?

great shot!

Looks like a 1950's soda poster. I like her pose and her wardrobe. Beautiful woman.

Can she do Rose?
great shot!

Thanks. :) Rose? This may be a cultural thing but apart from flowers the word rings no bells. :boggled:

Last edited:
Looks like a 1950's soda poster. I like her pose and her wardrobe. Beautiful woman.
That was the aim, I need to get her a feather duster and reshoot, then add a suitably sexist caption like "Coke makes a girl's housework a breeze!". Thank you.
(At 68 I must confess that Portrait Pro helps a little to create the illusion that I see all the time. ;)
Apron from Amazon, dress home made and wig from Ebay.)

Fantastic! I think you guys are starting to hit your creative stride.

Very nice, as usual, GD! I think a little refinement on your lighting might be in order to take this from 'good' to 'great'. Your key is probably about 1/3 stop too bright, and judging by the shadow on her right arm, just a bit lower than might be ideal. Fill camera right would also be desirable; this genre is typically characterized by a fairly bright, relatively shadow-less look. I would actually bring your key camera right, about 30 degrees off of lens axis, and then have a big fill ('big' as in, 72" or so) right on axis, about 2/3 - 1 stop below key.

Very nice, as usual, GD! I think a little refinement on your lighting might be in order to take this from 'good' to 'great'. Your key is probably about 1/3 stop too bright, and judging by the shadow on her right arm, just a bit lower than might be ideal. Fill camera right would also be desirable; this genre is typically characterized by a fairly bright, relatively shadow-less look. I would actually bring your key camera right, about 30 degrees off of lens axis, and then have a big fill ('big' as in, 72" or so) right on axis, about 2/3 - 1 stop below key.

I was being lazy and trying to work with my 2 Yonguo flashes instead of taking the time to set up my proper strobes.
Admonishment accepted.

I was being lazy and trying to work with my 2 Yonguo flashes instead of taking the time to set up my proper strobes.
Admonishment accepted.
No admonishment intended, just another photographer's perspective on how he might have done it.

Nose art next?

Most reactions

Back