Shooting My First Wedding - Pray For Me!!!!!

Smart man. Same for me, remember the song but that video... I don't know which is worse, the hairdos or the outfits but it's enough to either give me nightmares or flashbacks. Looks like they needed more glitter, they don't have nearly enough.

Now, if you get the chance to shoot a retro '80s wedding you know where to find inspiration.

My first wedding was a nightmare. THe mother of the bride was my friend. They got married at a Provincial Park (all sand) at 2pm on a very bright, hot August day. The wedding was the most unorganized, stresseful one I had ever attended. I ended driving people all over the park, they had no bottled water, the bride got ready in a trailer and wouldn't let me in, I had to shoot the groom in a freaking tent.

The food was served raw, they had no music and no lights (wonderful when the sun set). And after 800 pictures (for free) the friend was pissed I didn't get the shot of people blowing bubbles (Did I mention it was 2pm with the sun over head) and I missed ONE shot when they first brought out the champagne. (I'm assuming I was in the porta potty).

While trying to wolf down a quick dinner (really horrible and remember the raw part?) the friend kept saying "oh that's a great head table shot, take it!!!". I already had the 60 shots of the head table. *sigh*

And yet I'm doing another friends wedding, in two provinces, this summer.

Yes, I'm crazy.

"Weddings are a one shot deal – you get the light you get – you get the weather you get, and you get one shot to make it happen."

^^ This. As someone who has no where close the experience to shoot a wedding; that is what would scare me the most.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back