Shooting young models

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was contacted by a local model on Model Mayhem. I checked her port out and this is what she looks like:

http://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090705/05/4a50a1a7a8304.jpg

How old do you think she is?

Are you sitting down?

16 years old.

I won't work with someone under the age of 18 without a parent or legal guardian... you have to be careful, ya know? But if you ran into this girl and she didn't tell you she was 16 would you think to ask for ID?

Definitely looks older.

And, yes, do have a parent present. Sad but it is the only way I would work with a minor.

And I do a similar thing with adults. Am setting up a nude shoot right now and I've told the model she needs to bring either a boyfriend or girlfriend with her...

Definitely looks older.

And, yes, do have a parent present. Sad but it is the only way I would work with a minor.

And I do a similar thing with adults. Am setting up a nude shoot right now and I've told the model she needs to bring either a boyfriend or girlfriend with her...
Don't do the boyfriend thing, you'll regret it.

I don't allow boyfriends or "agents". They will get all weird on you most likely and make the shoot difficult if not impossible. Girlfriends or a gay guy friend are fine, they stay out of the way. :)

Certainly make sure the has a parent or guardian with her - also make sure you have model release forms and stuff ready as well for the parent and girl to sign - also don't overlook sitting them down to firmly *yet kindly* outline what the outcome from the shoot is to be and what and how your going to take the planned shots and stuff. I am sure you will do all this anyway, just make sure that you don't forget anything ;)

C.cloudwalker - something I have picked up from some shooters is that boyfriends are often not the best company for a model on a nude shoot. Several said that they had their wives or a female assistant on hand to help - since you can direct your wife/GF/assitant far easier than a stranger for positioning the model and the model in question is less likley to resist a females touch than a pervy guy with a camera ;)

My opinion is that if you're shooting nudes or lingerie, stick with adults.

I've seen a lot of models like that on both Model Mayhem & One Model Place....kinda scary. This is why it's very important to make photocopies of ID (preferably two forms) to staple with a model release.

Well, it has been a while since I have worked at my photo and it shows. You are right about boyfriends. Used to use mostly friends and since my friends are mostly artists they were no problems with those models. A lot of us modeled for each other so it was no big deal...:)

I remember the one and only non-friend who came to a shoot with her boyfriend and IT WAS a disaster. Which is why she was the one and only. Thank you guys for reminding me of that. Thankfully this woman I'm going to shoot said she wasn't comfortable having her boyfriend around so, she should be showing up with a girlfriend.

I do however want a friend of the model, not a friend of mine. This person is not there to work, that person is there as a witness :lol:

Thanks again for the reminder. There are definitely some things I need to re-learn.

But if you ran into this girl and she didn't tell you she was 16 would you think to ask for ID?

Absolutely!!

I know of stores that, if you look under 40, won't sell tobacco or booze to you without ID. Good policy for photographers too!

But if you ran into this girl and she didn't tell you she was 16 would you think to ask for ID?

Absolutely!!

I know of stores that, if you look under 40, won't sell tobacco or booze to you without ID. Good policy for photographers too!

Yes, but how often do they actually do it?

I know I don't look 40. I rarely get carded...

Absolutely!!

Yes, but how often do they actually do it?

I know I don't look 40. I rarely get carded...

It's a good policy, period!

Here in Ohio stores that sell tobacco or alcohol to minors do so at their peril. Stores have been shut down.

Likewise, if you neglect to card your model, you do so at your peril.

For nudes, it's generally the law that you can't shoot minors anyway, regardless of what releases are signed by the parents.

For nudes, it's generally the law that you can't shoot minors anyway, regardless of what releases are signed by the parents.

Dang! The OP was not asking about shooting nudes of a minor. I brought up the nude thing as a kind of side trip but talking about adults. Please people read the entire thread.

Sorry about that Mr. OP. :lol:

:shock: Cuff me now... I can't believe girls look like that at that age!
I know! If I were a bouncer at a bar I probably wouldn't card her... hell, I'd probably hit on her. I can't believe she's 16 and that fully developed. Not normal at all and scary!

Most reactions

Back