Shooting young models

*rolls eyes*

JerryPH, have you ever settled for a close relative? Because legally I don't think they can sign a model release on behalf of the minor. As far as I can tell from reading the laws here (and federal laws that may apply), the release has to be signed by the model (minor) and a parent or legal guardian (and then having the legal guardian and another witness to both sign and be there are insurance).

Either way, I won't shoot a minor without a parent or legal guardian, no exceptions. There's a gal on MM I'd like to shoot, but she's seventeen and can't convince her parent to take the time to let her model, so I told her to wait until her birthday and *then* we can shoot. Fair is fair; I don't want to end up in jail before 30. >.<

your in college and only 16. Im 15 and still in high school!

college=high school
Nah, I'm in college = big school with people about 30 n all :p I turn 17 on September the 1st this year... been out of high school for 2 years now (left on may 5th 2008. when i was 15.)
I've had 1 year out of education in which i worked like a headless chicken tp buy my photog stuff... only spent about £1.5 - 2k on it (including my laptop.)

Camera + lens = £480
50mm f1.8 ii = £100
75-300mm f4.5-5.6 USM = £45
opteka 500-1000mm mirror lens = £120
BG-E5 Hahnel Battery grip = £90
Laptop = £530
tripod = £30
Manfrotto monopod 6809= £30*
Manfrotto 484RC2 = £30*
Lowepro Slingshot AW 300 = £40
16 gb sdCard = £18
16 gb SD card = £20
8gb SD card = £10
Epson Sx600fs = £110

+ i have a few more stuff (totalling about £100 - £200.)

Last edited:
Certainly make sure the has a parent or guardian with her - also make sure you have model release forms and stuff ready as well for the parent and girl to sign - also don't overlook sitting them down to firmly *yet kindly* outline what the outcome from the shoot is to be and what and how your going to take the planned shots and stuff. I am sure you will do all this anyway, just make sure that you don't forget anything ;)

C.cloudwalker - something I have picked up from some shooters is that boyfriends are often not the best company for a model on a nude shoot. Several said that they had their wives or a female assistant on hand to help - since you can direct your wife/GF/assitant far easier than a stranger for positioning the model and the model in question is less likley to resist a females touch than a pervy guy with a camera ;)

U guys got a realese form i can steal from ya? or a site where i can grab one? that would b great

U guys got a realese form i can steal from ya? or a site where i can grab one? that would b great

When you do a release, there are some state specific things involved. Some people use a general type one but I don't, sorry.

However, it is fairly easy to find one on the net. Just google photography model release and you'll get legal sites where you'll enter your specifics to get your release.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back