Shots From my camera :D Please C&C :D

ElmoTe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got my first ever Dslr :) spent a few days adjusting ,fiddling around with the controls - i found it quite hard to get to used to it at first ,then i think i am finally getting the hang of it now( hopefully XD ** fingers crossed :greenpbl:) I ended up getting the canon 500D instead of the nikon D90 caus the price shot up D::meh: but oh well my canon 500D is my new baby now :mrgreen:

Heres one of my few shots :blushing: please comment and critise on it :D <3

IMG_0238_reedtied.jpg

No.1 - Simplicity.
(ps- I don't know why it turned out a little shaky :/ oh maybe grainy :/ i set the iso to 100-200 i think and had IS on, with a moderate size aperture and stuff.. but still :/ if someone can help,pleasee:D :hug::)

What was the shutter speed and lens were you using? If the kit lens, what mm was it set to?

P.S.
I like the image, but the crack in the shadow does not work, next time make sure of all the details within the shot.

1/15 of a second, f5.6, ISO 1600 - That answers your question about why it's not sharp. 1/15 of a second is too slow to hand-hold. Not a lot of critique, other than to suggest more subject and less empty space in the image. Keep practicing!

^^ Agreed.

1/15th of a second = too slow for hand-held, even with IS.
f:5.6 (55mm) = wide open on the kit lens.
iso1600 (I assume it was auto?) = maximum auto-iso = noticable noise

Bottom line: it was too dark. You needed more light, or an even slower shutter and a tripod. You must have very steady hands!

Most reactions

Back