Siberian Tiger Yawn - My Fav Photo Last Year

Reaction score
Website
robertscottphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This one was taken at Bergeron's Exotic Animal Sanctuary just outside of Picton, Ontario, Canada. They take in animals who are injured, old or unwanted and give them a place to live out their lives.

C&C Appreciated!

1451143168_8863e64403_m.jpg

Full Size on Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/rsdreamphotos/1451143168

Thanks in advance for C&C!

Nice shot!!

Great timing on this one, and the exposure looks spot on!!

I was lucky enough to catch a shot of one of these yawning also, but mine realy sucks now that I've seen yours! :lol: Great photo!

Great shot! I really like the details you captured - long range zoom or a case of closer to the tiger?

ps another vote to see caspers shot!

Oooookayyy...here it is. It was with the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 at 300mm. This was my first time out with my camera. Wish I had an IS lens since handholding at 300mm is difficult for me.

IMG_1044_new-1.jpg

Caspertodd - I don't think it's a question of which one is better. I quite like yours because it's a direct shot at the front of the face. I wish 'Thor' in mine would have looked directly toward the camera :).

I agree completely with needing an IS lens (or VR lens in my case lol) for the 300mm shots. It can be difficult to hold steady. My shot being at 1/60 was pretty close to my limits holding steady. Anything under 1/40 or so and I'm shaking the lens all over the place..LOL

I looked at some of your other photos, and they are really amazing! I look forward to your future posts. :)

Caspertodd, thanks! I was on this site a long time ago but didn't post much. That was back in the days that I wasn't so sure about my photography skills. I shot 16 paid gigs last year and now have a new-found confidence in my work, so I'll be posting a bunch more up here for people to see. Do you have a gallery up online somewhere?

I do, but it is definitely not much. I literaly didn't know what a DSL camera was about 6 weeks ago, now I understand the basics (thanks to a couple great books), I am just in the practice phase now and will be for years to come I'm sure.

Mine is http://caspertodd.photoshop.com

Casper if your 75-300 is anything like mine I gave up with handheld shooting a long time ago - just too unreliable, especially when at the 300mm end. Get one of those cheap tripods (or and expensive on if you have the cash) and use it all the time - you might think yourself a fool when out and about and alwasy getting down on the ground to shoot (shooting as low as you can for zoos, wildlife) but you get a huge increase in keepers :)

Also - great shots by both of you ( I really like you landing duck Robert and your zoos shots are great casper (no bars :))

Thanks! I will be buying a better lens at the end of the year to try to make it easier on myself. I've got a lot to learn before then though ;).

Excellent capture. You really got some great colours too. Looks like I might have to take a trip to PIcton. hmm...:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back