::sigh:: I'm getting old

Thats not really true. You get genes from BOTH your parents. So look at both sides of your family and see who has the chrome dome.

For me, both sides are pretty shiny up top, so no luck for me.

I got lucky in that regard. My grandpa and uncle were both pretty much bald before 25. However, I've been sharing "blend the grey" hair secrects with my mom since I was 19. :p

graigdavis said:
Thats not really true. You get genes from BOTH your parents. So look at both sides of your family and see who has the chrome dome.

For me, both sides are pretty shiny up top, so no luck for me.

you do get genes from both your parents, but some traits are passed on by only one or the other. these are called sex-linked traits (sex as in gender!).
so, when i made that statement, i meant that male pattern baldness was a sex-linked trait inherited through the mother's side.
however, i was wrong.
you were right about getting it from both sides, at least for baldness. i went and re-checked what i thought i knew, and found out i didn't know sh-t about mpb.
so, i stand corrected. or, i sit.
at my desk.
corrected.
:D

I know people that are bald and their mothers side didnt have a bald person in the family. Think I also learned that in college too. The one day I actualy went to class that is.

manda said:
graigdavis said:
My facial hair was my first attempt at loosing that "pretty boy" look Im stuck with.

Somehow I wouldnt classify it as something you're "stuck with". :greenpbl:

Thank you Manda! I don't know how anyone could say a body and face such as Graigs would be something to be "stuck" with. :roll:

oi, my ex girlfriend was constantly plucking out white hairs. lol, why do you think all my portraits are in b&w?

oh, btw, shark - thats a great capture of your eyes! It looks like you are up to something cheeky :D

vonnagy said:
It looks like you are up to something cheeky :D

Cheeky is Sharkman's natural state of being , methinks ;) :lol:

Shock /stress can bring on grey hair almost overnight.
When my uncle lost his leg ( in a motorbike accident up in Alice Springs )
his hair went from brown to grey whilst in intensive care.
I think grey hair suits some guys more then their natural hair color. It makes some look sexy and distinguished.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back