sigma 50-500 or canon 100-400l is usm

shipshooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to purchase longer lens, any input on either of these? I read that the 50-500 has comparable to 100-400 series one not new series 2. Shall I stick to canon gear? I shoot wildlife, sports and occasionally great lakes freighters. Any input would be appreciated. I can afford either, but no more.

I'd personally choose the 100-400 Canon. My reasoning is that a zoom with a range from 50-500 will not be as sharp at the 100-400. Now it may be in that 100-400 range, but I would expect a lens with that range to be WAY more expensive.

thanks Ron for input
I should have looked closer at other questions on forum that were close to my question
next time I will do that.
Good day too you.

Looking to purchase longer lens, any input on either of these? I read that the 50-500 has comparable to 100-400 series one not new series 2. Shall I stick to canon gear? I shoot wildlife, sports and occasionally great lakes freighters. Any input would be appreciated. I can afford either, but no more.

the 100-400 V1 will be sharper with better image quality but if it's for wildlife take a look at the 150-600 zooms from Sigma and Tamron

Most reactions

Back