What's new

Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 or Nikon 80-200mm f2.8?

Id LOVE to find an AF-s 80-200/2.8 for around $500! I paid that for my 80-200/2.8D.

The trick to snagging great deals online is to find auctions where people are bundling expensive items together. For example: I bought my 80-200mm af-s in an auction that also included an F5--it was advertised as "F5 with lens." I paid around $850 for both, but was able to sell the mint F5 for $385.

Using this method I've been able to purchase a lot of equipment that I could have never afforded otherwise.

I also suggest finding some pawn shop resellers that have a policy of no returns--the lack of returns really drives down the price, but pawn shops don't buy any inventory without inspecting them first. Also, ebay will protect you if they advertise it as working and it arrives broken--the return policy only really relates to returns of working items (unless it was advertised as "for parts").
 
I have the sigma 70-200 and it's really fast and quiet at focusing. I don't think they're that much different in the real world though, but I'm pretty sure I got lucky and got a really good copy so my review may be a bit biased.
 
Hmm..not such a great idea to bring back a thread 6 months old. Especially if you're not the OP. But good to hear!

Mark
 
I have the sigma 70-200 HSMII and focusing speed is FAST and motor is silent.

the 80-200 will probably focus as fast but on the pro bodys since focus motor on upper end are faster.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom