Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper7534

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't really know where to put this, so I figured I'd keep it in a off topic section.

Some members seem to be bothered by members putting their camera equipment in the signature. Just would like to know the reasoning behind this, I see two reasons why someone would list their equipment

1. Their proud of what they have accumulated
2. Makes it easier for other members to recommend upgrades without the OP having to type everything in their post

That said, I guess their are some that go overboard ( I put my bag in mine ).... not a rant, just a a observation.

? For
? Against
? Don't Care

Never really seen anyone bothered by equipment in sigs, I think it's laughable. It's a photo forum, why not have your gear listed? Most auto forums, people put their cars, gun forums their guns, etc etc etc.

If someone is seriously concerned about someone else having gear in their sig, they really need to lighten up, imo.

The only reason I like it is because it often shows that people with good gear can take **** photos an vice versa.

Never really seen anyone bothered by equipment in sigs, I think it's laughable. It's a photo forum, why not have your gear listed? Most auto forums, people put their cars, gun forums their guns, etc etc etc.

If someone is seriously concerned about someone else having gear in their sig, they really need to lighten up, imo.

I can tell you a member that has a hard time with listing gear in signatures is, "TCW" or whatever his screen name is. Specifically the word "Gripped" as mine and the OP have in there. Apparently it's against photographer etiquette, and we are only trying to look "cool" by putting "gripped" in our signatures. :biglaugh:

I can tell you a member that has a hard time with listing gear in signatures is, "TCW" or whatever his screen name is. Specifically the word "Gripped" as mine and the OP have in there. Apparently it's against photographer etiquette, and we are only trying to look "cool" by putting "gripped" in our signatures. :biglaugh:

That post is what spurred my post. Was just wondering if it was more widespread, didn't want to call anyone out. I'm still too new here :))

Wut?

LOL, Gripped is "trying to look cool". . . wow.

Put it in or don't. 1/2 the people will think you're an ass, 1/2 the people will think you're awesome. Doesn't matter. Do what makes you happy.

I don't put mine in because I don't want to show people I've spent more money on gear than I've spent on my car. It's embarrassing. :lol:

I gotta be honest... if someone told me their camera was "gripped", that would be pretty much my reaction as well.

^^^That^^^

I gotta be honest... if someone told me their camera was "gripped", that would be pretty much my reaction as well.

I carry mine around incase I see any ladies or canon users.

+1 lol!

You need to stop worrying about sig files and gear lists and focus on the really serious stuff...like peoples' avatars!!! lol! Oh-oh!

On some other forums, I have seen people complain about gear listed in TEXT format, since it can show up in searches...those complainers were usually happy to see gear listen in IMAGE-file formats.... big sigh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back