What's new

Slate colored Junco

wls3

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
189
Reaction score
5
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken out back window Saturday.
Hands got cold quick waiting for shot.
And it's not even winter yet!!!

Bill

30421IMG_0202_copy_2.jpg
 
When I was growing up in SC the local name for those was snow birds. We rarely saw them except accompanying snow or cold weather, then there were lots.

A very lively bird, I always liked to see them.
 
Endearing bird portrait, this one. I admire all of you who you manage to get little birds thus nicely and close-up into your frames. The few red berries really help this photo lots, I think, I like their tiny splashes of colour they are adding to a photo that otherwise is quite similar in colour all over.
 
Very nice! And I agree with LaFoto about those perfect little berries - a great color offset to the gray of the bird.

Lovely capture. :D
 
I like it a lot...what kind of lesn did you use?
 
drdan said:
When I was growing up in SC the local name for those was snow birds. We rarely saw them except accompanying snow or cold weather, then there were lots.

A very lively bird, I always liked to see them.

oh... Dan! I haven't seen you here for a loooong time!! nice to have you back!!! :D
 
Yep, called snow birds here also.
Lens was a Canon 100-400.
 
Yep nice shot...mebbe bump the contrast just a bit. These little birds even hang out through the winter in the far reaches of northern Canada...below the tree line of course. Tough little guys. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom