Slingshot 300 or Flipside 300?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, I will be getting a bag soon and I was debating between these two bags. I will need the bag to hold the following:

Nikon D90 body gripped
Nikon 28-80mm lens
Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens
Nikon 70-300 lens -OR-
Sigma 70-200 2.8 lens
SB-600 flash

I do like the back entrance to the flipside models, but I think it would sag when having all of this heavy glass in it. I like the sling opening to the slingshot, but I think it would be a little harder to switch lenses as you would have to sit the bag down in order to switch them. It would be a little more convenient than having a long bag sticking out of your waist in a crowded area though. I like the slip cover for the slingshot too, that the flipside doesnt have. I have heard, however, that the flipside will hold more than the slingshot. So you can see my dilema. Does anyone have any opinions on these bags? I have had some experience with both and I like how they geel and operate, but this is without having my equipment in it (and I wasnt even able to open the Slingshot at that particular store).

Anyone like one over the other for any reason?

Thanks!
Mark

I have had the slingshot and the flipside but I didn't have the slingshot 300 but I really like the flipside. It holds a ton of gear is very customizable and when you're in the streets the rear entrance means no one will be able to steal your camera or other gear. I always like to test how waterproof things are so i filled up my bath tub and put the top of the bag under water and the water just beaded right off! Its a great bag i love it. GL
Tj

What model did you have? What gear did you carry in it? Did you have any issues with it bending too far over when strapped to your waist and open?

Mark

My flipside suprisingly hasn't bent over like I thought it would. I tested it out with 2 lenses and a crap load of gear and it didn't bend even though after a while i just took off those straps(they're removable) because I didn't use it enough. I had the slingshot 200 but i feel like the slingshots are too crammed no matter how much room they have just the configuration I don't like in general.
tj

Most reactions

Back