What's new

Small town activity

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In another post, there was a comment that the activity was so culturally specific that a Westerner couldn't 'get' the picture.
That made sense to me, I've been to Asia a bunch of times and so I could decode all the codes.

I took this shot while sitting in a restaurant at lunch.
It isn't an 'image' as much as it is just a record of what is there but I do think that if one looks at the picture thoughtfully that some of the cultural context - and differences - become obvious and even enjoyable.

To set the scene, this was in KinPun, small village that exists only to service the tourists that come to this mountain to see the Golden Rock.

p873628804-5.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom