Smartphone App Replaces Articulating/Tilting Screen?

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there one? I'm about to plunk some money down on a full-frame camera. I use Nikon gear, so I've been looking at the D750 and the D810. But I really need the articulating/tilting screen because of lung disease and the inability to move around as much as would be necessary with a fixed LCD. But if there is an app that would provide most of the information I can get from the LCD, I might give more consideration to the D810. I don't care about having to make manual adjustments to the settings and buttons on the camera, it's the viewing my composition and the basic settings that are difficult.

I shoot mostly landscapes. Someday I'd like to be able to see some of them on the walls of our local art galleries. I think moving up to FF, especially either the D750 or the D810 would get me closer to that goal.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jim

You didn't specify what mobile device. I just googled wireless tethering app...(what device?)

DSLR Dashboard and the proper Nikon WU-1_ unit.

To be honest, I have no idea... I know it was supposed to be out.

When I first heard of CamRanger, I checked into it and found it was for Apple products only.

So I found DSLR Dashboard and saved $300.

You didn't specify what mobile device. I just googled wireless tethering app...(what device?)
Stoopid, stoopid me. :( Sorry I forgot to mention that I use an Android phone - a Galaxy Note 3.

I tried researching the DSLR Dashboard app and can't seem to find anything about its compatibility with the D810 except those forum posts from people having trouble and they have gotten no replies. Seems the latest Nikons listed are the D7100, 5300 and the 610 - the last update by the author was late Feb 2014.

Jim

Most reactions

Back