Smartphone apps

bogleric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have begun looking at some smartphone apps related to cloud cover and light timing. The light timings could be very useful to get a better idea of the location and situation before spending hours in the car to find out the lighting is wrong due to the landscape.

Anyone have any experience with these applications?

Cloud cover prediction could be cool too; however, these seem a bit gimmicky to me.

Thanks... I was recently reading about that app, but theory is different than reality.

I assume you have used it and found it works well?

I notice in many of the reviews that the authors don't support it well or really support Android. That is a concern as my main smartphone device is a Galaxy Note 5.

Last edited:
Thanks... I was recently reading about that app, but theory is different than reality.

I notice in many of the reviews that the authors don't support it well or really support Android. That is a concern as my main smartphone device is a Galaxy Note 5.

Ummmm...the location of the sun and moon are WELL known and well understood. Calculating them is dead simple. Even years in advance.

Ummmm...the location of the sun and moon are WELL known and well understood. Calculating them is dead simple. Even years in advance.

True, however with significant elevation changes and distances it takes some work to calculate out the time deltas. Add in terrain topography and the challenge begins to require review of topo maps etc. start shooting in mountain ranges and valleys with unique characteristics and it only compounds.

Hence, why a tool would be nice. And if monkey simple as you say there should be dozens of them.

It sounds as though the app mentioned would be able to assist with an IOS device

Most reactions

New Topics

Back