so I made one..

Soocom1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I had a dark bag that I purchased for about $40.

Recently I went looking for it and remembered that the mice found it and made a nice comfy house out of it.

So.. With the misadventures in the mail system and the fact that I had cloth laying around.. I made one.
H4W2FIC.jpg

PlXCGCn.jpg

there is nothing more satisfying that home brew stuff and knowing that your hand made it.

I actually had to google "dark bag" (yes, I was afraid!) to see what you were doing.

Its been a looonnnng time sine I've touched a roll of film...

I actually had to google "dark bag" (yes, I was afraid!) to see what you were doing.

I could really confound the young whipper snappers with my collection of slide rules and drafting tools!

I could really confound the young whipper snappers with my collection of slide rules and drafting tools!
:lol: I have a huge collection of mechanical drafting tools; got rid of my board due to space requirements, but I do miss it. Nice job on the bag (I did NOT have to Google "dark bag").

Nice job on the bag. Brings back so many memories sitting watching the tv rolling film onto spindle
That and sorting out jammed film in camera..

Oh the number of times I blew film touching its facing side in a spool or apron.

spool or "apron".....

I'd bet that a goodly percentage of people have NO idea what an "apron" for film is!

spool or "apron".....

I'd bet that a goodly percentage of people have NO idea what an "apron" for film is!
both actually.
I mis-threaded a spool more than once.
An apron because once in the can, and if not loaded correctly, I have had film unspool away from the apron and cling to itself.

NIce job on the bag! A few years ago, when I was still teaching philosophy, I confounded my students by showing them how we used to calculate cube roots by moving one piece of bamboo over another! (That was what my first slide rule was made of.)

Most reactions

Back