So...Ive captured the universe...again!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, you may remember This universe photo. Ive done it again. This time, from the inside of the universe, per se. :wink:.

Nikon D300s
Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro
Levels adjustment in CS5

DSC_86911.jpg

Mark

That looks amazing. Well done! I love the first one on the other thread too. So inspirational too.

Thanks everyone! Its oil ontop of water over a colorful towel. Extremely underexposed with a small drop of dawn dish detergent inside. Looong process to get one that worked. Here was my miserable setup:

DSC_8754.jpg

Dont mind the flower. It blew off a nearby bush while I was shooting and I left it in there :lol: Just to clarify, the colors are all from the towel. There was no coloring in the oil or water. Also, the photo is of a cluster of small "bubbles" less than 1/4" long. they were sailing along one of the larger "bubbles". So, the large bubbles you see in the pan are just from letting the oil sit and the bubbles aggregating.

Mark

I think I see the Death Star. :thumbsup:

There are plenty more that go with this one from my little fiasco this morning. Ill post them in their own thread and post a link here.

Mark

Mark I can imagine you sitting at home and randomly all of a sudden HEY that would be cool and off you go to set up something. Way to be inventive.

Thats exactly how it came about. Well, sort of. I was shooting some honeybees outside and noticed that everything in the background of most macro shots just ends up being a color. This reminded me, for some reason or other of This series of photos for whatever reason. Then I thought "hey..what if the colors were the backround of "bubbles" instead of put into the bubbles through coloring?" So..an idea was born. :lol:

Mark

Love this pic :)

I'm diggin' that high-tech shooting set-up Mark! I mean, that looks like a genuine Pyrex brand baking dish. And the bricks are factory-made bricks! And that cooking oil--I mean, shoot, that's the store-boughten kind!

Haha, totally not Pyrex either. Got it from the dollar store. :lol:. You like my nice little reflector sticking out of the right side? Its made of tin pans (The disposable kind that are like $.30 each) all bent together. :lol:

Mark

That IS a cool pic. I like the textured bubbles. Makes them look like planets.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back