So long, Nikon

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
It has been long and pleasant relationship. I bought my first Nikon camera (Ftn) in 1965, Since then I have owned most of the film cameras and a few digitals and around 40 different Nikkor lenses. I consider them the best cameras available for the money. I've owned Leicas and Mamiyas and Hasselblads but I've stayed with Nikon the whole way.

But I'm old now and I don't have the will to carry all that stuff around any longer. I've decided to move to mirrorless. I'm not impressed with Nikon's mirroless line so I have ordered a Fuji mirrorless with a couple of lenses. I will lose a lot flexibility and performance but I should still be able to capture decent images when the urge strikes. Certainly, I can do my internet product photography with the Fuji.

Maybe I'll put a Nikon Sticker on it for the memories.

I've been waiting for a good Nikon Mirrorless too.
That new Sony mirrorless sounds like it has all the goods to compete with DSLRs AF performance.
I hope Nikon comes out with something quickly to compete with it.

I'm not concerned with AF speed. I came from the manual focus world. The Fuji focuses in .3 seconds which is fast enough for me. If that doesn't work out, there is always manual focus. Back a decade or two, Fuji used to make a Nikon F Mount compatible SLR. I had one. Good camera. I think this will work just fine.

That new Sony mirrorless sounds like it has all the goods to compete with DSLRs AF performance.
Maybe the A9 but not the A7RII, tried it, was good but not as good as my D750

I think you'll really enjoy the Fuji mirrorless system. I know a few full time landscape photographers who moved to Fuji and absolutely love it

I can vouch for the Fuji. Great solid camera. Have the XT2 and love it. Really surprised with how good the autofocus is.

Not as good as a D750 haha. Come on. In what way. I was shooting with a D810 and a D750 for weddings.

Now shoot with 2x A7R2's and they blow the Nikons out the water for everything. Focus, quality, lenses, colour, usability, features. Now just ordered 2x A9's because I was so impressed with the A7R2

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Love my XT2 and X-PRO2. The XT2 viewfinder, focus peaking, and glass are amazing. Love the film simulation and customization. Make sure to upgrade the firmware on body and glass. What model did you get?

Not as good as a D750 haha. Come on. In what way. I was shooting with a D810 and a D750 for weddings.

Now shoot with 2x A7R2's and they blow the Nikons out the water for everything. Focus, quality, lenses, colour, usability, features. Now just ordered 2x A9's because I was so impressed with the A7R2

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
In locking focus, it was just not locking focus in harder conditions where my D750 did lock focus.
Enjoy your new cameras :)

Love my XT2 and X-PRO2. The XT2 viewfinder, focus peaking, and glass are amazing. Love the film simulation and customization. Make sure to upgrade the firmware on body and glass. What model did you get?
I got the smallest, lightest one available - X-A3

You'll love it. What glass? The 23 f2 is amazing.

Love my X100T. Rarely take my D7200 out for street-shooting and pack an FE or N90s instead. The Fuji is whisper quiet, small, and usually goes unnoticed. Superb image quality, acceptable AF speed, and 3:2/16:9/1:1 format choice. Functional/flexible auto-ISO system. The 23/2 fixed lens is no hardship. They're also dropping in price after the X100F roll-out, making them a true bargain now.

You'll love it. What glass? The 23 f2 is amazing.

I just bought the two kit lenses - wide angle/normal and telephoto zooms. That is all I'm willing to lug around. If there were a super wide available I might have gone for that as well but luckily I didn't find one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back