So nervous I'm shaking!

luvmyfamily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
God help me. My real estate friend just called me, he is in a pinch. His point and shoot is broken, asked me to meet him this afternoon to take shots of a condo. I have never done real estate photography before, but I do have a much better camera than he does. Anyway, he said hundreds of agents would use me, especially if I had the virtual tour software. I am doing this today to help a friend, but this could lead to something if the other agents like my work. Gonna give it ALL I GOT today. :study:

Lighting and shooting real estate is not fun. You also really need a camera with swing and tilt, or a program like photoshop and time to do some transform control. Of course if he's happy with a point and shoot, you'll probably be fine.

Lighting and shooting real estate is not fun. You also really need a camera with swing and tilt, or a program like photoshop and time to do some transform control. Of course if he's happy with a point and shoot, you'll probably be fine.
What is a "swing and tilt"?

Best of luck to you. Just go do it and act like you've done it a million times. You'll be fine.

lol, if your friend was doing it with a point and shoot there's nothing to stress over ;)

Use a tripod to get clean steady shots. Set the camera to about f8 in A-mode and let it do its thing. Watch the white balance and prevent yellowing. Also for the panoramic shots they asking about you have to have a special camera to do that. I only know of corporate services that have those cause they are very expensive and very specialized.

Wow thats cool! KmH^ I've only done it with a large format camera, I'm kinda excited they have a lens that does it!

You'll be fine Luv. Practice on your house for a few shots, just to warm up :D

Last edited:
I hope the OP has at least a WA or UWA lens to use... :)

I hope the OP has at least a WA or UWA lens to use... :)

Personal taste, but I love to shoot interior with WA or UWA lens especially for real estate. I hope the OP has at least speed light. The bright external light from windows can fool the camera's meter, in certain angles, and darken everything inside. An additional light source helps balance things out.

Are you doing this for free?

WHY?????? I know you do not have experience and all but still, you will NEVER get out of the circle of free.... IMO, if they are going to use the photos to make MONEY they need to compensate you as well....

Are you doing this for free?

WHY?????? I know you do not have experience and all but still, you will NEVER get out of the circle of free.... IMO, if they are going to use the photos to make MONEY they need to compensate you as well....

They could compensate her with name recognition. It would not be wise to monetize her photography this early on in her photographic understanding. It would probably lead to a lawsuit. Just sayin'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back