SO very new..

Dollface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dollface.net.au
It's my first day here. I've been a part of other photographic online communities, but they don't seem to serious about their craft. Perhaps it is different here.

SO, here is a photo I took this weekend.

Canon 10D
50mm F1.8
Polariser lens
Taken from a Helicopter over Uluru in the Australian outback.

comments and critiques welcome. ( although this is a holiday "photo opportunity" - so very little options available to me - I will post other styles in the future)

Uluru458.jpg

Hi dollface and welcome,thats a neat shot,you lucky thing! having the oppertunity of taking aerial pictures, love the cloud formation and the cloud shadows, that is one vast country. :thumbup:

Even I didn't realise how vast it was, until we started flying from Sydney. Started with 40min of buildings and then 40min farms and then nothing but red dirt for the next 2 hours..

Wow. Welcome to TPF, Katie.
What a photo to begin with! The subject alone ... then the fact that it was taken from a helicopter, i.e. is an aerial picture, the clouds and shadows ... the angle! Very good "introduction" photo. Do post more.

Welcome to the forum. Very nice capture, the scenery looks breathtaking. Besides anyone with a Canon D SLR is okay in my books.

Welcome to the forum, I like the image, i'm not too sure about the angle though.. when it comes to landscapes i'm a traditionalist, I like my horizons flat.

Dollface said:
It's my first day here. I've been a part of other photographic online communities, but they don't seem to serious about their craft. Perhaps it is different here.

Welcome In! You will find this to be the best photo community around, and you will quickly find out that it IS different here :D

BTW, I love the photo. :thumbsup:

hey and welcome aboard! I like the shot although it seems to be a bit dark. I love the angle and the sky here.

Nice photo!!. And welcome to the forum.

Welcome !!!
Yeah, real good photo, but unfortunately the mist fades the colors. It is something beyond our control...

aside from the pesky dust specks on the horizon (prolly dust on the sensor), I love it. I too have several aerial shots (Its nice having a friend with his pilots liscense and a cessna)

It could also be that I was in the front passenger seat, so all my shots were taken through the windscreen.
But Thank you.. All the comments have been lovely so far!

I do have some more where the photo is very "traditional".. But with such a well-known landscape, I was trying to find a different look as opposed to the standard type. Once I work on the rest, I'll do a special "Uluru" post.

Thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back