So yea, im back from the Lake District....>

Great shots. That 10-20 is to much fun isnt it.

Woah. You've really out done yourself Arch!
Freezing sweat aside, did you have a nice trip?

Thanks, yea it was really good... it was cold all of the time, so difficult to cook dinner/relax/sleep when your constantly cold... but after the first day i got use to it.
It really tested my fitness too... im relatively fit but could have done with doing alot more training before hand as the hikes were not easy and my legs were in pain.

But best of all i think was the campsite... it was almost... magical! It was nestled in the green valley, as you can see in the 3rd image above, over to the right at the back where the big light beam is. It is owned by The National Trust and to my amusement we shared the land with a large variety or REALLY friendly animals! There were loads of rabbits everywhere which didn't run away when you walked past them... we had visits from 2 ducks who were friendly... and best of all, i found if i held my hand out with a bit of bread in it, birds (robins, blue tits etc) would land in your hand and take the food!

I highly recommend the National Trust Great Landgdale Campsite... its outstanding.

Wow, all of them are stunning. I'll be a little different and say that #2 is probably my fav. of the bunch.

Thanks, yea im fond of 2.. the water was very clear... but i didn't drink any :p... just soothed my feet in it!

Beautiful!!!!!

Love #3 and #4 also :)

Cheers

TY

WOW!!!! Those are great, Arch! I really love #1 and #4, but they're all so clear and sharp. Great lighting, too.

Jason

Thanks!

All are great but #3 and #4 are stunning.

Cheers

Soooo glad the trip wasn't cancelled. And you can see from that first shot that the hiking wasn't terribly easy.

Arch, these pics are absolutely stunning. You must be very, very pleased with them. It's hard to pick a fave, as the colours etc in each are so stunning. I'm torn between 3 (with its gorgeous green colours, the suns rays, and the lighting) and 4 (with that curving road, the fence and the beautiful sky/clouds).

to my amusement we shared the land with a large variety or REALLY friendly animals! There were loads of rabbits everywhere which didn't run away when you walked past them... we had visits from 2 ducks who were friendly... and best of all, i found if i held my hand out with a bit of bread in it, birds (robins, blue tits etc) would land in your hand and take the food!
Wow! Sounds like you had a lot of very memorable moments that will stay with you for a long time!!!

Great shots. That 10-20 is to much fun isnt it.

sure is.. ty

Wow! Sounds like you had a lot of very memorable moments that will stay with you for a long time!!!

Hell yea.. i'll post some of the snap shots later just to get a better feel of the place, and i have quite a few more keepers i'll edit over time and post in the galleries at a later date... but i really enjoyed it!

Amazing stuff!! I'm partial to 1 and 4.. Beautiful work!

Cheers :D

#1 and #4 are just beautiful

They are all amazing!! I love #3 and #4. :hail:

Some nice views of Langdale there Arch. The weather looks like it was better behaved for you than when I last went up there (last Christmas).

Arch, I can't stop looking at these pics!!!!! The sharpness, the clarity, the colours...... amazing! #4 really draws me in, definetly my clear fave now.... do you mind my asking what sort of post work you did on these?

Jason

These are brilliant. Like NateS, I really really like #2; it seems other-worldly, but I still think #3 is my favorite.

Arch said:
Thanks, yea it was really good... it was cold all of the time, so difficult to cook dinner/relax/sleep when your constantly cold... but after the first day i got use to it.
It really tested my fitness too... im relatively fit but could have done with doing alot more training before hand as the hikes were not easy and my legs were in pain.

But best of all i think was the campsite... it was almost... magical! It was nestled in the green valley, as you can see in the 3rd image above, over to the right at the back where the big light beam is. It is owned by The National Trust and to my amusement we shared the land with a large variety or REALLY friendly animals! There were loads of rabbits everywhere which didn't run away when you walked past them... we had visits from 2 ducks who were friendly... and best of all, i found if i held my hand out with a bit of bread in it, birds (robins, blue tits etc) would land in your hand and take the food!

I highly recommend the National Trust Great Landgdale Campsite... its outstanding.

Definitely does sound like something out of a Disney film. Especially since I can picture you playing Mary Poppins :lol:

Some nice views of Langdale there Arch. The weather looks like it was better behaved for you than when I last went up there (last Christmas).

Ty, yea the weather was ok... just right for me actually as i don't like clear skies in landscapes, and thankfully it only rained a little. :wink:

Arch, I can't stop looking at these pics!!!!! The sharpness, the clarity, the colours...... amazing! #4 really draws me in, definetly my clear fave now.... do you mind my asking what sort of post work you did on these?
Jason

Thanks, its kinda difficult for me to go through my processing, as i custom edit each image with what i think it needs. But generally i like to use curves to work in different zones of the image, layer masks, high pass filtering and dodge and burn tools. ;)

These are brilliant. Like NateS, I really really like #2; it seems other-worldly, but I still think #3 is my favorite.

Many thanks

Definitely does sound like something out of a Disney film. Especially since I can picture you playing Mary Poppins :lol:

If you do my make up, i'll bring the womens clothing... deal?... (although don't ask where id get the womens clothing from :p)

Most reactions

Back