Soft Focus Wild Purple Aster

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I looooove these wildflowers! They are everywhere and such a wonderful subject to shoot. They are so "busy" with tons of blooms and so many petals on each I wanted to simplify things. This is what I came up with.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_4027_1-1 by Judi, on Flickr

That is Tact.... soft! (Please don't hurt me).

You know, I actually like it. It's different from what you normally see and the general texture give it more the impression of a painting than a photograph. Did you added the grain or was it out of camera?
Then again, the traditionalist in me would have loved to see at least SOME details. Hmm.. I'm split.

Hi Jovince, thanks for your thoughts!
Ha! I like tact soft lol

I took shots at multiple levels of blur and this is the blurriest of the bunch, trying to see how far I can push it before it starts to offend the eye. The texture was enhanced in post. I took this late in the day around sunset shooting up against the sky so light was low, I used higher ISO instead of slower shutter to introduce some texture to play with.

I looooove these wildflowers! They are everywhere and such a wonderful subject to shoot. They are so "busy" with tons of blooms and so many petals on each I wanted to simplify things. This is what I came up with.

Now you've done it. I'm going to have to try and paint this (with your permission, of course).

Love the color.

Now you've done it. I'm going to have to try and paint this (with your permission, of course).

Love the color.
Ooooo I love that Charlie! My pleasure to give you permission... with one requirement, you must show me when you are done!

Love the color.
Ooooo I love that Charlie! My pleasure to give you permission... with one requirement, you must show me when you are done!
I'll probably do like I did when I painted Mish's and send it to you. It will probably take a while to do, and might not come out like I want.

Wonderful photo, lavender is an underrated color. I would definitely approach that with encaustic medium. You could crank it out way faster snowbear.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Acrylic - glazing or watercolor-like washes. I'm in no hurry.

Love the color.
I'll probably do like I did when I painted Mish's and send it to you. It will probably take a while to do, and might not come out like I want.

JC, thanks so much for your kind words!

Charlie, now that would be an absolute honour :) I clicked the link but alas I don't have permission to view it :(

sorry about that - it should be fixed now. This would work, as well.

I'll start sketching tomorrow - maybe I can use it for the "four elements" contest I'm thinking about entering.

It is beautiful but it can't all be a a blur. An anchor of some minor definition is needed at the pistil and adjacent petals.

It is beautiful but it can't all be a a blur. An anchor of some minor definition is needed at the pistil and adjacent petals.
Not for abstracts. ;)

I would normally pass on something like this but it got to me sure enough. I think the splash of color in the pistil is enough to draw the eye initially (looks like the point of highest contrast to me). And there's lines of color that seem to guide me around the picture.

Overall I feel like there's a velvety, (impressionist?) kind of feel to it, that is very calming.

The one thing I might double check is the noise ... I would zoom in to 200% and look ... May be my tablet though.

Most reactions

Back