Software?

katanapilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
katanapilot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any one have any recommendation other than Photoshop, for editing or Manipulation there is a new product called Lightwave by Adobe has any one gave it a try? what about Picasa? (it is free)

If you like Photoshop, but are on a budget and can't afford Photoshop, there is always Photoshop Elements. The only thing PE was missing for me was the lighting "curves" tool; however, I found a free lighting curves plug-in, and now life is good. I think you can get PE for around $99US.

If you like Photoshop, but are on a budget and can't afford Photoshop, there is always Photoshop Elements. The only thing PE was missing for me was the lighting "curves" tool; however, I found a free lighting curves plug-in, and now life is good. I think you can get PE for around $99US.
Ok... I got PS CS so I am good, what about an image Organizing tool?

Bibble is supposed to be a good image organization tool and so it iview. Iview was just bought out by Microsoft, so they may change things up. Adobes Bridge is not a bad program either. If you have a Mac, you could use iPhoto. Personally I do not like iPhoto. Basically, if you can find people with these programs and test them out to find the one that is best for you, that is the way to go. Each photographer is partial to a certain program because it does a few things that set it apart from other programs.

Adobe Lightroom is pretty cool I'm really liking it so far. I've tried many different types of software for organizing and before Lightroom I was using Picasa, for a free software it is awesome for organizing. The one thing I love about Picasa, is you can set what folders to watch, so if you add anything to it or move files around it will change that in the program without selecting to refresh folder. I think there was other software that tried this, but Picasa actually works. Adobe Lightroom would be perfect for me if it had the watch folder capabilty. Instead I have to make it refresh each time I add or move something without using their software to do it. A plus about Lightroom that I really love is the importing of photos. It really give you the power to customize how you want to import your photos.

I'm hooked on Photobot now. It makes all my pictures look good. It's not a manipulation software, it's an autofix - it's better than what I can do in Elements, though. Now I can concentrate on trying to take better pictures. You know, little things like focus...:blushing:

Most reactions

Back