Some London Pics

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sneaked off work early last night to get some pics in the evening light. I was in such a rush to get as many as I could while the light was good I overlooked silly things like composition, focus and exposure :er:

Anyway, here are a few that are passable. OTE & OTC as always, feel free to be brutal with me :greenpbl:

cityhall_sunset.jpg

city_hall3.jpg

thames_view.jpg

poplar_dlr.jpg

This is my first attempt (ok then, my first success) at a panoramic. It's 5 shots (4 in a row and one of the top of the buildings) stitched using 'Autostitch'. I took it from Poplar station before the man told me that I 'wasn't allowed to use those things in the station'. I think he was referring to my tripod :mrgreen:

docklands_pano.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Mohain

Great series, 1,3 and 5 are my favs. good composure and great colour in 1 :thumbup:

These are great!
I've seen #2 soooo many time...but never tire of it. You did a great job with the exposure on it...and all the others.

But Mohain....#4 is hot, hot, hot! I love it!!!! You captured it perfectly! I would also like to see it in b/w, but love it as is too!

Wow thanks a lot for your kind words :)

woodsac said:
But Mohain....#4 is hot, hot, hot! I love it!!!! You captured it perfectly! I would also like to see it in b/w, but love it as is too!

Thanks for the praise Woodsac, it means a lot :)

When I took this I had B&W in mind but when I saw the steely colours I thought it looked better in colour. But I will try B&W. Actually the colour it is is a bit of an error. I'd previously set the white balance for shooting under sodium orange lamps and forgot to reset it. I had to make it slightly warmer but thought it looked cool, cool (if you know what I mean :mrgreen:)

Cheers

Mohain

I do know what you mean. Like I said, I would like to see it in b/w, but I love it this way too. The cool, true, blue steel coloring really rocks here :thumbsup:

Excellent series. I really like the second and fouth shot. Well captured.

Holy crap. Love these. I can't believe it's been that long since I've been there that I don't recognize a friggin thing.

The first and fourth are my favs. Amazing.

For Woodsac, tunnel in B&W
poplar_dlr_mono.jpg

But I think it looks best somewhere between the two, at 60% desaturation ...
poplar_dlr_2.jpg

Thanks everyone else for your kind comments :mrgreen:

Mohain

Most reactions

Back