Some mild midterm venting. And a picture!

Here to help/save/support you Leonore!

Can't comprehend how a thread you started turn to the bacon thread!!!?

Don't go on their side!!! We don't want to lose you!

It's the TPF way! Don't worry, we can hold them off!

In short, I'm exhausted.

I won't go into detail because you probably don't care to read my babbling on about my crap, so all I'll say is that I've been pushing myself really hard this semester to get things moving in a better direction than they've been heading for the past few years. I knew it was going to be hard and I am not complaining about my workload. I know I loaded my plate and I just have to deal with it. And normally that's just what I do: just put my head down and plow on through until it's done. That's how I am.
Well we have had quite a bit of jocularity here at Leonore's expense. Leonore, we were not laughing at you we were laughing with you and done a damn good job of side tracking this thread. I will leave you with a philosophy of life I learned from the late great Red Skelton. It is how I try to live my life daily.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."

tramp.jpg

And this is exactly why I love how sidetracked this thread has gotten - because it has made me laugh and I needed a laugh!

Points for the use of 'jocularity.'

Red Skelton was awesome.

Pennsylvania Bacon Festival - May 10th 2014

Now bacon lovers, top that!
Leonore, that grilled cheese with bacon is calling for your return to the land of the carnivores :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! *plugs ears* LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA

Saturday class? *shudder*

Enjoy your spring break!

A 4.5-hour Saturday class, 9-1:30. It's not quite as brutal as it sounds because it goes pretty fast, but it's still something I hope I don't ever have to do again.

I like the shot Lenore.

Did I mention wine?

Are we talking chianti, sangiovese or sauvignon... or perhaps a young cote du rhone or tuscan as a simple table wine?

Thanks. I started last night with a nice old vine Zinfandel. I've also got an Oregon Pinot Noir. After that, it's likely I will partake in some lovely Slovenian reds (my boyfriend's father imports it). They've got a grape, Refošk, that grows in Slovenia and Croatia (Istria), and the wine is quite yummy delish. That is the technical term, by the way ;)

I started last night with a nice old vine Zinfandel. I've also got an Oregon Pinot Noir. After that, it's likely I will partake in some lovely Slovenian reds (my boyfriend's father imports it). They've got a grape, Refošk, that grows in Slovenia and Croatia (Istria), and the wine is quite yummy delish. That is the technical term, by the way ;)

Heh, good wine is good wine.

Leonore, that grilled cheese with bacon is calling for your return to the land of the carnivores :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! *plugs ears* LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA

Saturday class? *shudder*

Enjoy your spring break!

A 4.5-hour Saturday class, 9-1:30. It's not quite as brutal as it sounds because it goes pretty fast, but it's still something I hope I don't ever have to do again.

I like the shot Lenore.

Did I mention wine?

Are we talking chianti, sangiovese or sauvignon... or perhaps a young cote du rhone or tuscan as a simple table wine?

Thanks. I started last night with a nice old vine Zinfandel. I've also got an Oregon Pinot Noir. After that, it's likely I will partake in some lovely Slovenian reds (my boyfriend's father imports it). They've got a grape, Refošk, that grows in Slovenia and Croatia (Istria), and the wine is quite yummy delish. That is the technical term, by the way ;)

I started last night with a nice old vine Zinfandel. I've also got an Oregon Pinot Noir. After that, it's likely I will partake in some lovely Slovenian reds (my boyfriend's father imports it). They've got a grape, Refošk, that grows in Slovenia and Croatia (Istria), and the wine is quite yummy delish. That is the technical term, by the way ;)

Please drink a large glass of high alcohol wine for me. After all alcohol is nothing more than liquified yeast POOP!
drinking-46.gif
:biglaugh:

That thought makes bacon look even better now don't it.

Teaching is like pouring water into a leaky bucket. Unless it gets replenished frequently, the level of knowledge will go down. I used to do lots of math in university. But that was 40+ years ago, and if you ask me to do even the basic level calculus, I'd struggle - because I didn't need it in my work, and things that aren't used atrophy or fade away. So the level of knowledge your students will have may, for some of them, represent the "high-water" level, and as a teacher, you can say "I got them that far". Some will take what they learned and use it. Most will forget it after the final exam. That's just the way it is. I have several family members in various levels of academia (preschool to university level), and most have accepted that only a fraction (of their students) will actually apply what they are taught.

Please drink a large glass of high alcohol wine for me. After all alcohol is nothing more than liquified yeast POOP!
drinking-46.gif

Well, that's relative of course. You owe your life to plant poop called "oxygen".

drinking-46.gif

Well, that's relative of course. You owe your life to plant poop called "oxygen".
Au contraire Pierre. Oxygen is not plant poop. Oxygen is bacteria farts.

So tell us there Leonore, how do you like the left turn at Albuquerque your thread has taken now? From jocularity to yeast poop to bacteria farts. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

That depends on the bacteria. :p

Actually only the plants and unicellular organisms that do photosynthesis generate oxygen as part of the basic energy capture mechanism. This by-products of this process killed off much of the early anaerobic life (see Great Oxygenation Event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and changed the geochemistry including the weathering of rocks and the composition of the early atmosphere (removing the greenhouse gases caused the start of "snowball earth").

Also, who's Pierre? :D

I've been called lots of things, but "Pierre" isn't one of them (yet).

That depends on the bacteria. :p

Actually only the plants and unicellular organisms that do photosynthesis generate oxygen as part of the basic energy capture mechanism. This by-products of this process killed off much of the early anaerobic life (see Great Oxygenation Event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and changed the geochemistry including the weathering of rocks and the composition of the early atmosphere (removing the greenhouse gases caused the start of "snowball earth").

Also, who's Pierre? :D

I've been called lots of things, but "Pierre" isn't one of them (yet).

"It's hard to keep oxygen molecules around, despite the fact that it's the third-most abundant element in the universe, forged in the superhot, superdense core of stars. That's because oxygen wants to react; it can form compounds with nearly every other element on the periodic table. So how did Earth end up with an atmosphere made up of roughly 21 percent of the stuff?

The answer is tiny organisms known as cyanobacteria, or blue-green algae. These microbes conduct photosynthesis: using sunshine, water and carbon dioxide to produce carbohydrates and, yes, oxygen. In fact, all the plants on Earth incorporate symbiotic cyanobacteria (known as chloroplasts) to do their photosynthesis for them down to this day."

The Origin of Oxygen in Earth's Atmosphere - Scientific American

It is now.......Pierre - griz. :mrgreen:

Finally this thread is back on track, let's all toast with a nice glass of bacon grease :heart:

Most reactions

Back