Some mild midterm venting. And a picture!

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In short, I'm exhausted.

I won't go into detail because you probably don't care to read my babbling on about my crap, so all I'll say is that I've been pushing myself really hard this semester to get things moving in a better direction than they've been heading for the past few years. I knew it was going to be hard and I am not complaining about my workload. I know I loaded my plate and I just have to deal with it. And normally that's just what I do: just put my head down and plow on through until it's done. That's how I am.

But every once in a while, some unwanted things fall on my plate and make things harder than they need to be. And sometimes, it can feel like I'm spinning my wheels because I've been busting my ass but still not seeing results. It can be disheartening. Intellectually, I know that I just have to keep grinding on and eventually things will get better or at least ease up. Emotionally, however, I need to come up for air every once in a while, let out a tiny bit of primal screaming, and then go back under.

As of 1:30 this afternoon when I dismissed my Saturday class, I can finally start Spring Break, and so this is my chance to catch my breath, vent a little, and then sleep for the better part of next week. Hopefully I'll manage to pick up a camera, too, since I've barely shot anything since January. It's starting to piss me off.

And speaking of pictures...

$Gears.jpg

Loving the OM-2, pixmedic!

So what do y'all do when you need to recharge in the middle of a tough patch?

Awe....sorry about the rough patch lenore....

Would an old minolta SR-1 w/ 55mm f/2.8 make you feel better?

Glad to see you are enjoying the OM-2!

...give yourself a break.A nice hot bath,glass of wine,maybe watch a movie.Sleep in a little later.Maybe a nice quiet walk.Did I mention wine?
I'll make my own sammich's this week.You just relax.... :hugs::hug:::sun:

Of course if you must know the answer to your problem TODAY then.............................

Last edited by a moderator:
When I'm feeling down, I often turn to carbs...specifically cereal carbs...

$Leonore-tasing for cereal.JPG

Hey Leonore, I feel your pain. For the last couple years, every morning when the alarm goes off, I feel like I'm starring in the movie "Groundhog Day". The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that in 6 more years I'm retiring and never looking back.
Enjoy every minute of your break. Sometimes you need a good long break to just recharge those dead batteries.

BTW, My kind of photo.:wink:
It's a shame you lost the sky trying to keep the dark detail. I played around with it and found what I thought was a pretty good crop eliminating the sky.

Hang in there

Last edited:
A long walk alone, nothing but the cold and a camera. At least that is how I dealt with it today.

And I love the shot, especially the single broken tooth.

I won't go into detail because you probably don't care to read my babbling on about my crap

You're right! ;)

I have no useful advice. Just grade on a curve, or give your favorite students good grades.

Awe....sorry about the rough patch lenore....

Would an old minolta SR-1 w/ 55mm f/2.8 make you feel better?

Glad to see you are enjoying the OM-2!

Wouldn't hurt! ;)

...give yourself a break.A nice hot bath,glass of wine,maybe watch a movie.Sleep in a little later.Maybe a nice quiet walk.Did I mention wine?
I'll make my own sammich's this week.You just relax.... :hugs::hug:::sun:

Aww, thanks! It'll give me a chance to get the smell of bacon out of my hair :)

Of course if you must know the answer to your problem TODAY then.............................

Funny, because as of my last birthday, I am no longer the meaning of life. :grumpy:

When I'm feeling down, I often turn to carbs...specifically cereal carbs...

View attachment 68607

I am quite partial to tasering as a quick solution to problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why on earth wouldn't you want your hair to smell like bacon !!!

I'm thinking if i invented bacon scented shampoo I'd be rich. But keep that between us, i wouldn't want anyone to steal the idea :mrgreen:

Buy some new gear!

Didn't even have to! I got some for my birthday. Woot! :)

Hey Leonore, I feel your pain. For the last couple years, every morning when the alarm goes off, I feel like I'm starring in the movie "Groundhog Day". The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that in 6 more years I'm retiring and never looking back.
Enjoy every minute of your break. Sometimes you need a good long break to just recharge those dead batteries.

BTW, My kind of photo.:wink:
It's a shame you lost the sky trying to keep the dark detail. I played around with it and found what I thought was a pretty good crop eliminating the sky.

Hang in there

Thanks, Rick! :hug::
Yeah, there's that batch of blown out sky. I haven't played with cropping yet, but it also doesn't bug me too much. The good part is that I'm at least still enjoying my work - both the career that I might be leaving and the one I might be entering soon. Ideally, I'd still be able to teach a class for a few more years because I'm not ready to leave the classroom, but I can no longer afford to have it be my main source of income.

A long walk alone, nothing but the cold and a camera. At least that is how I dealt with it today.

And I love the shot, especially the single broken tooth.

Thanks! :) I love the idea of the long, cold, solitary walk. It's one of my favorite ways to recharge. Thankfully it's still wintery around here so I can still check off the "cold" part of that list of adjectives!

I won't go into detail because you probably don't care to read my babbling on about my crap

You're right! ;)

I have no useful advice. Just grade on a curve, or give your favorite students good grades.

I don't know how to grade on a curve :confused:

Why on earth wouldn't you want your hair to smell like bacon !!!

I'm thinking if i invented bacon scented shampoo I'd be rich. But keep that between us, i wouldn't want anyone to steal the idea :mrgreen:

Okay, I'll admit that even though I haven't eaten bacon for more than 20 years, I still do quite love the smell. But the smell of bacon itself is one thing. The smell of bacon in your hair is something different and not entirely pleasant. :puke:

Most reactions

Back