What's new

some more from Bangladesh

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
622
Location
British Columbia, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Steve, great photos. They look a bit overexposed, im guessing you are shooting auto and the camera trouble getting a good read on water (my D200 has the same problem)
 
VERY cool Steve; such an amazing part of the world!

Thanks! And it was definitely an amazing place to be. Almost no tourists and people weren't used to seeing foreigners. When I was out with my camera, people often asked me if I was a journalist!

Steve, great photos. They look a bit overexposed, im guessing you are shooting auto and the camera trouble getting a good read on water (my D200 has the same problem)

Thank you. Most of those were shot in manual mode with auto-ISO on.

#2 I had to increase the brightness of the shadows because the man was too dark. Maybe it would look better if I did that selectively rather than globally. Then he would stand out a bit better on the darker water. I don't think I used a polarizer because it was getting dark and I didn't want to lose a couple stops of light, but it would have been nice to cut down on the reflection on the water. The river was almost black in colour. A bit of a strange sight. And a bad smell. I assume that is why a few of yhe people are covering their faces with their hands in #1!

#4 I did accidentally overexpose a little. Didn't notice the auto-ISO hit its lower limit at 100. If I have time I switch to manual ISO but I didn't want to lose their attention while I fiddled. In theory I could lower it in PP, but it came off looking flat by comparison so I didn't.

First one has such varied color, nice.... the second one is the best and my favorite IMHO

Thank you :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom