Some of my first SLR shots...

jbeanv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Of my kiddo this weekend. I've been having lots of fun with my new D60...my first SLR. I also picked up an 8gb sdhc card that was on sale for $20, so I'm able to take a ridiculous amount of pictures! C&C's are welcome!

3630550561_8f32b4f853.jpg

3631370164_fd6f045e6a.jpg

3630551735_afa642f65e.jpg

3631368488_42b2153208.jpg

Wow. For your first time, these are awesome. I like your use of fill flash in the third one. You know what you're supposed to do, that's for sure.

BTW the second...is GOLDEN. Frame that thing as big as it will go!

i was going to say they are underexposed but than i noticed my laptop was on power saver.

these are great. try not to leave so much dead space on top of your subject like in the first. you did apply rule of thirds in the third but if it was accidental than read up on it. if it was intended than try to use it more often. in the second... the way his body is facing right(his right) you could have left some empty space on the left of the photo. just some thoughts.

Thanks for the input! I took well over 300 but these were my favs. There are plenty more that are bad - especially w/shadows as it was mid-day. I do know about the rule of thirds tho that one started accidentally but I did crop it a bit and kept it intentionally. I'll play with the cropping a bit more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back