Some Of Pictures

Lraccomando

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone, I am hoping to get some feedback on some of these pictures, I am just beginning and I'm hoping some critiques will help me improve faster. So if you have a second to c&c on any of these pictures it would be incredibly appriciated, Thank You!

Also - All were taken with a nikon L100 camera and adjusted in photoshop for vibrance, contrast and levels.

BrickBuilding.jpg

ChairInAlley.jpg

CollinsCoveWheat.jpg

SunsetCollinsepic.jpg

Thank You Again! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I really like the first one and the third one. They both caught my eye. I wouldn't feel right giving you any critique considering I am fairly new to photography. All I can say is that you did an amazing job.

I noticed you said it was OK for people to edit your photos.. So I gave it a shot :)

The only thing I couldn't get right was the white door because of the heavy shine on it. Oh well!

Last edited:
^^i like the original. im a fan of muted colours

^^i like the original. im a fan of muted colours

I agree. And the door in the edit ruins the entire pic IMO. I liked the original a lot, I think it's my favorite of the set.

Thank you for commenting and thanks to H1DDEN for taking the time to adjust the picture :) Other than the door I think the higher saturation (or did you do something else?) came out really nice.

Also glad to see that the first one seems to be everyone's favorite :)

Thank you all again and feel free to keep commenting/critiquing!

the 3rd one very nice
only need more space
crop the leaf not good

but the golden colors very nice
maybe smaller lens F number will make the background more blur

thanks

C&C per req:

1. Lots of texture, lines and other interesting bits in this image. Unfortunately you've got severely blown highlights on the door and deep shadow above it. My suggestion would be to go back for a reshoot at a time when the lighting is a little more gentle. As well, don't forget to keep your camera level and square; you've got some receding verticals in this image which give it a slightly skewed appearance.

2. An interesting idea, again, not the ideal time of day as evidenced by the highlights in the background. I think this image would have had a lot more punch If you'd been able to isolate the foreground using DoF.

3. This image has possibilities; once again the time of day wasn't your friend as seen by the highlights on the grass stalk in the foreground. I like your selective focus here, but I would have preferred a less tightly composed image which allowed the viewer to see more of the stem. As well, the building image right is very distracting, a simple move to the left could have eliminated it from the composition.

4. This one needs to be leveled, but I'm not really seeing a distinct subject; perhaps reshoot as a pano?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

First of all, thank you very much John for the thoughtful critique, gave me a lot to think about, which is always good :)
I do have one question though, if you don't mind. What time of day should I try to take photographs, morning and evening when the light is softer?

Generally speaking, the lower in the sky the sun is the 'nicer' the light. Early morning and evening are generally the times of day with the most pleasing light. That said, there may be times when you need to shoot at noon; perhaps a narrow, dark alleyway which only gets light when the sun is directly overhead.

I like #'s 2 & 3.
But the buildings in #3 seem distracting, maybe. lqtm.

Great start. I like the 3rd one most :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back