Some Old Vehicles

Eric.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I went to an auto scrap yard today. It was a neat place to shoot some photos. What do you think?

lichen.jpg

truckrims.jpg

divco.jpg

A burt bmw z3... my dads dream car for real cheap...
burntbmw.jpg

berries2.jpg

Berries1.jpg

A burt bmw z3... my dads dream car for real cheap...
One not so careful owner. :mrgreen:

Scrap yards look like great places to get shots. So many interesting things and lots of textures to be found. Thanks for sharing.

Oh seriously, if you ever get the opportunity or urge to do it, go to one. I was amazed at all the shots I could get. I'm going back on monday so I might play around some more. Thanks for the feedback ferny.

Did you organise to shoot there or just turn up with the camera? I'd expect to get some strange questions if I asked. And if I didn't and got caught? Well, I'd probably learn why they're called attack dogs. :shock:

i've never had a problem getting into wrecking yards, scrap yards and even the impound / accident lot. i'll often explain what i'm after, usually a specific shot or style of shot ...and ask if i can go look for this particular shot. then you just shoot a whole bunch of stuff in the meantime as your heart desires ...cause you never know what you'll see. most places are cool with it... some will even offer to tag along and help on a slow day.

i've had more problems getting into warehouses, shipping yards and abandoned buildings (even a yacht club kicked me out once for taking pictures of the boats ..but i hadn't asked to be there either)

just be cool ... i always send a few images to the person responsible for allowing me into the location (especially if it's for a band or something like that)

the recycling facility and landfill are also a neat adventures.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It wasn't nececarilly scheduled as a shoot. We were dropping off our cab to our '64 chevy to be worked on and we just were talking a walk around the yard and I thought ahead to bring my camera.

Great shots Eric. I always love old cars like these, cause they seem to have a hidden mystery of where they came from. Very well done.

wow! So many neat shots! I never thought you may find something interesting there!

captain-spanky said:
LOVE that first shot!!!!
very cool pics there... all the scrapyards around here are more like 'crapyards...
so.... any pics of your '64????? :D

Not at the moment it's not in the condition to take photos of. It's all bare metal and I'm doing some welding on it and what not. Only the chassis is complete. Thanks for the comments all. The first shot is definetly a favorite of mine too

Most reactions

Back