I really like the fog in #1 but i find the road and empty space on the right detracts from a potentially simple and very effective image. Seeing as it says it's ok to edit your photos I've taken the liberty to do just that(just a crop):
I also took the liberty of cloning out the telephone post in the left. Next time however it maybe better to shoot from a different angle rather than cropping. This might also look nice in B&W to add to the whole simplicity idea if you want to give it a shot.
I like number 2 as well but I think it would look much nicer without the goal. I would try cloning it out...that is unless you like it there.
I think both are very nice but there is one thing I would change on both. Remove the sign you see on the first photo (right side in the fog) and the soccer goal on the second. Totally my opinion though...I just find both distracting. Someone who enjoys soccer a lot my really like it the way it is. Very pretty photos though!