Some shots of the car w/ D3000

el_chapusca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys this is my first dSLR so im still learning the basics, Pictures taken with Nikon D3000. Comments and criticism welcomed.

5049182100_dbd36abd2f_b.jpg

5049181486_9faf42152e_b.jpg

5049180526_42ec630ce7_b.jpg

5049179544_15a2e8237f_b.jpg

5048557881_d7739c0673_b.jpg

Thanks for looking:thumbup:

I like the composition of #3 the best, but I also think the light gray pavement is really fighting for attention (distracting). Some curves adjustment could probably help this. On your other shots, the blacks are getting crushed under the car and in the shadows on the sides...at least on my monitor they are.

Sweet ride.

Look at getting a cheap cpol to experiment with. It'll help kill some of the reflections on the car and give you a nicer look to the paint. I shoot with one pretty much all the time when I'm photo graphing autos.

I think they are great except for them being a little too dark for my eyes

Awesome car, but I agree with VI ... get a circular polarizer, it will definitely help with the reflections

I like the composition of #3 the best, but I also think the light gray pavement is really fighting for attention (distracting). Some curves adjustment could probably help this. On your other shots, the blacks are getting crushed under the car and in the shadows on the sides...at least on my monitor they are.

Thank you, I will play with the brightness and contrast settings Im also looking to get tripod in the coming weeks:thumbup:

Sweet ride.

Look at getting a cheap cpol to experiment with. It'll help kill some of the reflections on the car and give you a nicer look to the paint. I shoot with one pretty much all the time when I'm photo graphing autos.

Thanks, and yes Ive been hearing great news about lens polarizers. Need to look into this :thumbup:.

Thank you all.

You need to crop some of them tighter and do more adjustment.

My suggestions are, Bring out the blacks a little, crop out the skys, and vignette to draw attention to the middle.

Nice roof rack

Thanks! I previously had my MT bike up there, now I just caint wait for Ski/Snowboard season:D
My suggestions are, Bring out the blacks a little, crop out the skys, and vignette to draw attention to the middle.

Thanks for the tips:thumbup:

Shoot it again in a better location with your MT bike, could look good, or how about when it is snowboard season set up the camera remotely and fire the shutter as you jump the car, that would look good

i like them all but for some reason my eyes go right to the upper left corner ont he first one right to that blown out sky

Nice roof rack

Thanks! I previously had my MT bike up there, now I just caint wait for Ski/Snowboard season:D

Thanks for the tips:thumbup:

Shoot it again in a better location with your MT bike, could look good, or how about when it is snowboard season set up the camera remotely and fire the shutter as you jump the car, that would look good

LOL, good idea.

i like them all but for some reason my eyes go right to the upper left corner ont he first one right to that blown out sky

Im not sure what you mean? theres barely any sky visible in that first shot.

Nice car...

All of these look to be taken from your standing height. Don't hesitate to get low for car shots... sort of on their eye level (well, headlight level).

Also, a little more light on the car would have been nice - something to consider if you get into off-camera flash - as long as it's diffused.

Circular polarizers do cut down on the reflections, good suggestion from Village.

Most reactions

Back