Sony Lens Need advice

I brought The lens on friday and should be here 2morrow. i have a friends baby im doing wednesday so i can give it a try then. i hard its gd for candid shoots too witch might be good for weddings. i also hard the 75-300mm is a good lens any advice on that or any other lens gd with portraits/weddings?

My daughter is my main subject with the 50mm lens. Be careful not to over do the aperture. The background can become distracting on close up.

I think the 75-300mm won't be fast enough for interior wedding shoots.

A more experienced member could chime in with real experience.

For weddings you would probably want a 70-200 f2.8 or you could maybe make it work with a 135mm. But the 70-200 would give you the versatility you need for an event.

Yeh i waslooking into a 75-300 mm BTW were can i post photos iv done to get advice/comments

The Sony SAL75300 is not a great lens. I did not find the IQ very good ... though I was primarily concentrating at the 200-300mm range of this lens. The SAL70300G is a lot better.
I would not think you need such a long focal length for Wedding/Portrait photography.

Personally, I would get the SAL2470Z or SAL16105 and a SAL70200G

I just use this and its a great lens.and nice look

It doesn't feel very substantial but that makes it nice and light and it takes great portrait shots , you will be happy with it I am sure.

Be careful though if you are thinking of putting a filter on it though, I found it was causing a fair amount of lens flare.

Most reactions

Back