Sony SLT a77 adapters for use of Sony e-mount lenses

yodod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to buy Sony SLT a77 ii camera. Is there anyway I can use my nex5n lenses for sony a77 ii camera?

First you should note that the flange focal distance is not good:

A-mount flange focal length: 44.5mm
E-mount flange focal length: 18mm

So the normal cheap method of just adding a converter with distance will not work. However, by adding more optical elements you can do it. It just isn't cheap, and could be flakey

What you would need is a:
Sony LA-EA4 E-Mount to A-Mount Full-frame Adapter

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
First you should note that the flange focal distance is not good:

A-mount flange focal length: 44.5mm
E-mount flange focal length: 18mm

So the normal cheap method of just adding a converter with distance will not work. However, by adding more optical elements you can do it. It just isn't cheap, and could be flakey

What you would need is a:
Sony LA-EA4 E-Mount to A-Mount Full-frame Adapter

I think that adapter goes the wrong direction sorry. That being said, i don't think there is a way to do it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You want to go from e mount to A mount? I don't think it is possible.

Nope, can't do it ... one reason why I don't have any E mount lenses ... but I started with Alpha first.

You can use A mount lenses with E mount cameras with a correct adaptor (like the one qleak mentioned above).

However you can not use E mount lenses with A mount cameras. Even if there were an adaptor for this, there would be serious vignetting because E mount diameter and focal distance is much smaller for A mount.

I'd say sell your lenses too and opt for A mount lenses. The most advantage one would choose A mount over E mount is its lens diversity anyway so with A mount you have a lot of lens options (even great Minolta lenses) so there is no need to fit E mount lens to 77ii. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back