📚 Soon TPF will begin showing EXIF information on all uploaded/attachment images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of it do you not like? We are going to display information that is already there, that people can see now if they examine the image. We are simply making it easier by displaying the information automatically. This information is helpful to save lots of questions and time when someone wants to assist.... which is, after all, what this community is about.
Another photography forum I participate in started doing this recently. It was a very welcome addition to that forum, and I think it will be here as well. It definitely encourages me to participate more because I try including my exposure settings when I share images, and this saves me time.

Out of curiosity, when will the feature go live?
I'll enable it tomorrow. Just wanted to give people time to know about it and remove EXIF information if they don't want it included.

I'll enable it tomorrow. Just wanted to give people time to know about it and remove EXIF information if they don't want it included.

We're having a party at my place for it tonight. Let's begin the countdown. 🥳

It has been enabled. You won't see the EXIF info on every image as many people don't include it. In addition, it won't work on hotlinked images, only attachments that have been inserted into the message body.

For example, you can see it in the first image in this thread: Black Swallowtail and bee

Personally, I think displaying the exif data makes sense. I think it's a way to address some AI concerns.
What if people got rid of the exif data, are you going to accuse every photo of being AI generated?

What if people got rid of the exif data, are you going to accuse every photo of being AI generated?
Do you honestly have reasonable suspicion to be making such a dramatic accusation like that? Joe never said anything about accusing people of posting AI generated images. He simply made a comment about addressing some concerns around it.

It's concerning to see the ways multiple people are now making such a fuss and being overly dramatic over the addition of a feature that was wanted by a majority of forum members; a feature that has been implemented in numerous photography forums and photography gallery websites for a very long time. Yet here we are: one person literally having a tantrum and threatening to leave the forum, and another making wild baseless accusations... Really cute, like toddlers who need naps.

Last edited:
Let's not get sidetracked guys. The feature looks like it's working well, it's subtle... anyone can opt out if they want to. It's handy. We have a great community here and I love adding features that will make this place even better.

Do you honestly have reasonable suspicion to be making such a dramatic accusation like that? Joe never said anything about accusing people of posting AI generated images. He simply made a comment about addressing some concerns around it.

It's concerning to see the ways multiple people are now making such a fuss and being overly dramatic over the addition of a feature that was wanted by a majority of forum members; a feature that has been implemented in numerous photography forums and photography gallery websites for a very long time. Yet here we are: one person literally having a tantrum and threatening to leave the forum, and another making wild baseless accusations... Really cute, like toddlers who need naps.
Who's making any accusations? Did you actually read my post? It was a question, not an accusation

RichieS, why would you think such a thing? All I said was that exif data is useful info when it comes to determining if the photo was generated by the poster or was AI. Case in point--I posted a photo on another site and someone said they thought it was AI. So I provided the exif data (the site didn't automatically do this).

Personally, as AI gets better, I think you're going to see more sites take action to differentiate between AI and camera-generated art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back